Marcell Ozuna

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Marcell Ozuna

Viewing 2 posts - 351 through 352 (of 352 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For Ozuna to turn down $50M says plenty about where is head is at. I’m glad they let him move on. The added draft pick is a bonus.

Participant

Free

Got to say we probably all mostly liked the big bear but he shut down at near post season when we needed him most. He ended up with fair season numbers- nowhere near the contract he was paid . Like most of our lineup did not have even an average year hitting the ball. I’m sure everybody would have liked to see him return but producing. With all these young guys coming up only a fool would hang on to these rapidly fading older guys. Some guys better turn it around this year or down the road they’ll go. Team did great last year especially finishing largely due to the competition flaking out in their last regular season series. If we can generate some offense with our pitching we will be awesome.Now that the dust has settled Ozuna has recently stated that he was wanting to return but Atlanta had oreviously fielded a comparable offer and when the Cardinals wouldn’t better it they took it. Decisions, decisions. Me I don’t listen too much to other people( as a sports agent) whispering in my ear.

Viewing 2 posts - 351 through 352 (of 352 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years