Houston Astros Stealing Signs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Houston Astros Stealing Signs

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Does anyone like the Astros?

Participant

Paid - Monthly

I would think the Astros have pissed off a lot of people off across MLB.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A Captain Obvious column…

Participant

Paid - Annual

Lunhow is now the number one villain in MLB and I would say well deserved.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Manfred was quoted yesterday as saying that he believes the sign stealing is a one-team issue. Many reasonable people without bias do not believe that.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

if they cheated, they should be banned from post season for two years at minimum and all people associated with it should be fired or heavily suspended. just look at what baseball has done to the steroid guys. the teams shouldn’t be any different.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Manfred was quoted today as saying that they will be looking into 2018 and 2019 along with 2017.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

I am not sure how you investigate other teams without even an accusation let alone any proof.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Latest accusations are that the Astros used flashing lights in the outfield during the 2019 ALCS.

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/the-yankees-got-screwed-allegations-highlight-how-astros-sign-stealing-robbed-chunk-of-championship-window/312018764

Participant

Paid - Annual

The only thing better than Luhnow & Co. finding themselves embroiled in this royal mess would have been Theo & Co. feeling this sort of embarrassment and pain. Could you imagine thd joy of seeing the cubbies lose their ’16 title and having it awarded to the great city of Cleveland? I would definitely make the trek east to enjoy that joyous World Series parade along the banks of the great Cuyahoga River. And it being over 3 years after the fact would do little to quell the enthusiasm of the event. If these Astros are found guilty of perpetrating these heinous infractions during the ’17 Fall Classic, then the Commissioner’s Trophy from that year should be relocated to LA. I generally do not relish seeing others in deep hot water up to their chins, but following this Sign SwipeGate fiasco is going to be just what the doctor ordered as far as getting me through the long winter without baseball. Also, what is going to be real interesting to see next year, is just how much offensive production will Houston players lose, without having their little friends tipping them off as to what kind of pitch is heading their way? Lost in all of this is how much the Houston Astro diehard fans are suffering right now. We Cardinal fans know all too well the utter misery and torment it is to suffer a World Series defeat. But sprinkle in this scandal along with it and Houston fans have to be on the verge of whacking the closest trash can around …..or even worse.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If all of these accusations turn out to be true I suspect the ramifications are going to be massive. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mr. Lunhow and Mr. Hinch at home suspended on opening day.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years