Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,976 through 2,000 (of 2,317 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pretty hard to find an MLB spot at this point. Piscotty will almost certainly have to go to Triple-A no matter what, but maybe the Giants upset him….

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep, I was thinking of Carp last year. Maybe Piscotty thinks he can snag a less crowded pathway back.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

This didn’t take long. (per MiLB transaction page) Best of luck to Beller!

04/07/23 Oakland Athletics signed free agent LHP John Beller to a minor league contract.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

I missed this one a few days ago:

04/04/23 Los Angeles Dodgers signed free agent CF Ben DeLuzio to a minor league contract.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Kevin Herget is back in MLB again, with the Reds this time.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/04/reds-select-kevin-herget-designate-bennett-sousa.html

Michael Dusablon
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any Jhon Torres sightings? He’s not listed with any organization that I can see. Delvin Perez is on the Yanks AA roster. There were high hopes for both
    of these guys at one time.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Seth Elledge has been DFAed by the braves.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wow, haven’t heard about Daniel PDL in awhile. I always liked him as he seemed to have great stuff. But like a lot of guys, the command was not always there.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

04/14/23 Seattle Mariners signed free agent LHP Rob Kaminsky to a minor league contract.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just remembered Kaminsky is the guy we moved to get Brandon Moss. I had hoped never to think of that guy again.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, I hated that Kaminsky-Moss deal. Trading a potential good young lefty for an aging average bat.

But Rob never did much. Moss had a couple of months here and there where he was good, but also had some horrible stretches of striking out a lot. And he blocked the further development of Tommy Pham, who looked to me at the time as a guy that would run circles around Moss as far as overall ability.

Ah well, water under the bridge.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Piscotty getting a lot of chances. Looked to be a real good player based on his early work with us. Similar to Paul DeJong in that way, as neither guy has done as well as expected based on their early returns.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Groat was one of my favorites as a kid. I was 9 when we got him from Pittsburgh and was thrilled with the deal. My dad liked that trade as well.

We were on vacation in 1963 and in a store that had some of those plastic Hartland statues of baseball players. I looked through them but could not find one of a Cardinal, but they had a Dick Groat statue. The Groat was in a Pirate uniform, but was on the Cardinals then. I asked my dad if he would buy me the Groat statute, which he did. I still have it today, in a display cabinet with a few others.

He put up over a 7 WAR for us in ‘63, then played on the ‘64 World Champs. But he always felt he was a better basketball player than baseball.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bader to make his season debut tonight.

Marilyn Green
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader still doing his thing.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lefties have nine lives, like this former Cardinal.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We will see if Sherrif’s arm hold together this time. TJ ended his time with the Cards and a bum shoulder ended it with Philly. I don’t remember what it was with the Rays.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,976 through 2,000 (of 2,317 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.