Cubs thread

Viewing 25 posts - 876 through 900 (of 1,093 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tanking for picks is about the only weapon small market teams have. If it is taken away via a payroll floor it has to be replaced or offset with something else.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Implementing a salary floor will require significant changes to the economics of MLB. Will there be a salary cap? Will owners agree to a revenue sharing model similar to The NFL or NBA? Additionally, what happens to the length of player control by clubs? The arbitration process? The funding of minor league baseball?

Maybe can start a separate thread to discuss further.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

There was something on Facebook that said the Mets are about to make a BIG trade. Would that be for Bryant? Would the Cubs really trade their perennial MVP candidate?

r/Esteemed Rat

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is my understanding that the Owners want arbitration on the table for discussion when the sides meet.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tanking for picks is about the only weapon small market teams have. If it is taken away via a payroll floor it has to be replaced or offset with something else.

Or they could hire really smart front office people like the Rays and A’s.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jake Arrieta back to the Cubs, 1 year and $6m with some incentives.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30889515/chicago-cubs-jake-arrieta-reach-agreement-one-year-deal

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cubs have a plan for partial capacity, but it appears to be precarious.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Soon to be former Cubs minor leaguer?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Poor Cubbies..

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Public pressure being put on the players?

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Cubs stole a run from the Pirates today on a two-out groundout 6-3. The throw pulled 1B man Craig off the bag, while the runner retreated back toward home. and instead of going to the bag, he ran the runner back toward home (!) while the Cubbie on 3rd went home. Then Craig panicked again and lobbed the ball to the catcher who tried to swipe at the runner coming from third. No one covering first base, and the runner got there first!

Safe!

MLB video

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There were two outs on that play. All the 1B had to do is go step on the base. That is one of the worst defensive plays of all time.

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Absolute bonehead play by pirates. Its that cubbie luck tho.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I would love to see Hoyer’s irrefutable evidence. (Yes, I am extremely sceptical of its existance)

Paul7
    Participant

Free

It was a great baserunning play by Baez.

Cubs now tied for first.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I kept saying the Cubs pitching staff was terrible. They have very little after Hendricks, and as we have experienced, if your starters don’t go deep, it weakens even a good bullpen, which I still don’t think the Cubs have, nor depth. I wish they hadn’t been so fortunate against us, or us inept at hitting, we would be a couple of games closer. The Cubs got blasted against the Brewers these last 3.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This could be an interesting month for the Cubs. On the one hand if they fall any further behind the Brewers they could be sellers at the deadline with guys like Bryant and Kimbrel on the move. On the the other hand they look to have an easy schedule coming up. They play no teams with a winning record in July, Cards included. They could climb back into the race and be buyers. Could go either way.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

WithWheeler pitching against the Scrubs tomorrow, it could be 12 in a row. Wouldn’t that be delicious for us to come to Wrigley, and make it 15. I’m not sure we can do it, but just the thought of kicking their butt is delightful. I can just hear the late Ron Santo saying “oh no, not again.”

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As of today we are actually ahead of the Cubs in the standings, which is glorious.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Cubs have begun their fire sale. Joc Pederson to the Braves.

More seems to be anticipated.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wasn’t Joc your pick back in February or March to be this year’s NL MVP, Rat?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wasn’t Joc your pick back in February or March to be this year’s NL MVP, Rat?

That is correct Pugs. He had a big time spring training and he had hit 36 dingers in 2019. I was expecting great things for him. But, unfortunately for the Cubs, he’s not done all that great. Which is a good thing so I dont mind finally being wrong once..:)

And I hope we are NOT interested him as a free agent this coming off-season.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I’ve seen reports that the Cubs traded Rizzo to the Yankees…

Viewing 25 posts - 876 through 900 (of 1,093 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years