Cubs thread

Viewing 25 posts - 901 through 925 (of 949 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Rizzo was the heart and soul of the Cubs. His departure signals the end of an era to me.

I wonder how much longer Bryant will be a Cub? Rumors to the Mets and also the Giants.

r/Esteemed Rat

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Wasn’t really all that much of an era tbh.

They exploded the last 2/3 of 2015. Broke the curse in 2016. Then what? Did they even make another NLCS? I know there was not but the 1 WS appearance.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well let’s not forget that Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Kimbrel are all free agents. The Cubs could bring all of those guys back next year if they wanted to. That is what the Yankees did to them when they sent Chapman to the Cubs for Gleyber Torres then signed Chapman back in the offseason.

But for now it looks like the “dynasty” is over.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wasn’t really all that much of an era tbh.

They exploded the last 2/3 of 2015. Broke the curse in 2016. Then what? Did they even make another NLCS? I know there was not but the 1 WS appearance.

2015-NLCS
    2016-World Series
    2017-NLCS
    2018-Wild Card
    2019-No playoffs
    2020-Wild Card
    2021- Looks like no playoffs

ZTR
    Participant

Free

So a really good three year run 2015 – 2017.

//Golf clap\\

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since opening day of 2015 until today here are the regular season victory totals for each NLC team.

Cubs- 555
    Cardinals-529
    Brewers- 502
    Pirates-459
    Reds- 427

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs get Nick Madrigal and a prospect in return.

I guess they are trying to get even for that Quintana-Jimenez trade.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Rizzo to the Yankees.

Baez to the Mets.

Kimbrel to the WhiteSox.

The Cubs sure are going to look different the rest of the way.

Wonder if anything is cooking as far as Bryant is concerned?

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Contreras?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bryant may be going to the Giants. They are talking.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I wonder what the odds are that these players end up re-signing with the Cubs in the off-season?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They definitely could. That is what the Yankees did to them with Chapman.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bryant is now going to the Giants. The Cubs are now, well, not what they used to be. Stay tuned, I guess.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Contreras is probably looking around wondering if he should be cleaning out his own locker or not, just in case…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cubs are stockpiling a lot of prospects and they will have a lot of payroll space to maneuver with over the winter. I don’t think this will be like the tank and rebuild job they did 10 years ago. They will probably add back some big name players before 2022.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not really impressed with the Cubs return. Lottery tickets plus hopeful that some of those traded resign.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, that was an epic sell off by the Cubs. 45 years ago Bowie Kuhn would have vetoed such a purge.

That was almost Connie Mack-esque, getting rid of your $100,0000 (or $100 million in today’s economy) infield to keep the lights on and hope tomorrow is a better day.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Wow they offloaded a bunch. I guess their top prospects will have 60 games to make their cases.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They are comprised of so many nobodies that I find myself in the rare position of not actually despising them ……now don’t get me wrong, I said nothing about liking them.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They currently have only $45M in payroll obligations for 2022 so I suspect they will be very busy this winter.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With all of their moves I am surprised didn’t land any young starting pitching that was close to major league ready. Lord knows they haven’t developed any through their system.
    Also odd they didn’t resign any of their core players. It’s going to cost quite a bit , and risky to replace them via free agency.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think it is odd they didn’t sign resign any of their core players either but they still could this winter.

Viewing 25 posts - 901 through 925 (of 949 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years