Alex Reyes Update

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Alex Reyes Update

This topic contains 385 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CardsFanInChiTown 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 376 through 386 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As frustrating as his situation has been the Cardinals really have nothing to gain by trading him and certainly nothing to gain by releasing him. His trade value would be minimal so as long as he is making the league minimum we should just ride it out. I mean we are going to end up paying Brett Cecil $30M to do nothing and Reyes would cost a fraction of that.

The best thing to do is to build our pitching staff next year assuming he won’t be part of it but if he shows up then it is a bonus.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Anybody got any news or updates on Mr. Reyes?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I read recently that Reyes is completely healthy and looking forward to 2020.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s funny I didn’t even include Reyes in my Memphis 2020 rotation thread. But I guess he will likely either be in St Louis contributing, or injured.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wonder why they don’t send him to the AFL if he is healthy?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Alex who? A year or two ago, upon hearing the name “Alex”, my very first thought would have been “Reyes”. But that has changed. Now, the very first thing that would pop into my mind would be “Trebek” and then “Rodriguez” secondly. I think “Reyes” would probably come in right around #19, right after my next door neighbor’s pool guy, who I recognize as “Alex the pool guy”. It’s certainly not Reyes’ fault. This man can no longer be looked at as a starter. He wouldn’t make it to Cinco De Maya in that capacity. But it’s still possible, though remotely so, that he could survive as a member of the bullpen without breaking down over the course of a season. Good luck Alex…..we’re pulling for you!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Not Alexander the Great at #1 Pugs? If he’s going to be in STL, at least one year in the BP would have to be assumed. With the depth they have in the BP, that might not be a guarantee right away. How many option years does he have left?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh wow, CardsFanInChiTown! You’re dead on correctomundo. How could I ever forget about Alexander “The Great”?????? Great catch and shame on me.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Pugs I’m as disappointed in you as I am the Cards bats the last two days!! Hah

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t blame you one bit, CardsFanInChiTown. I think our boys are ready to redeem themselves with a big 6th inning. Absolutely unbelievable that they have been unable to solve this Senzy fellow thus far. Go Birds!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

And they got kicked in the Chi Chi last night…..

Viewing 11 posts - 376 through 386 (of 386 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years