Affiliate Observations 2020

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Affiliate Observations 2020

Viewing 3 posts - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flood, I missed on Gragg, and I like him a lot. There are a lot of moving pieces. I think Roberts and Williams will end up in the bullpen. I am not as high on Prater as others, but he deserves a shot to start. Lefty Connor Thomas also might get to start at Palm Beach or Peoria as well. I also like 2019 11th round pick Lunn. Even before losing 2 minor league teams I thought this year would have more starter candidates than spots.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With a strong winter, Ortega may be positioned to be the starting catcher at Peoria, assuming Herrera is the starter at Springfield, and Rodriguez at Memphis. But we have seen MVP type performances in winter ball, and then be duds in the spring. I was thinking we had an outfielder who was MVP like twice in the winter league, but ended up no better than a AAAA player. Anthony Garcia, maybe?

Participant

Paid - Annual

If Ortega continues doing well, the Cards may have the best catching prospects, as a group, in the minors.

Viewing 3 posts - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years