2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yet another frustrating loss due to the front offices blundering middle relief signings. Verhagen, Wittgren and Ncfarland have had their hands in at least 4 losses that should have been Ws. Either spend a little more, or go with our prospects.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“But now maybe Woodford finally gets some opportunities where these 5+ guys were being used.”

Anybody wanna bet on that? Woodford will only get meaningful innings if Marmol goes on the Covid list and someone else is named interim manager.

Marmol is punishing Jake for some transgression. Heck, it took Ollie two full months to even invent for the sake of the press the phony “bad slider” excuse for Woodford’s bizarre/humiliating garbage-time role — and eventual demotion to Triple-A.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well just got back from Smokies to see we lost 6-5. Flaherty only went two innings because of shoulder stiffness. That right there is the main reason. It’s already well known we have some weak relief pitchers. Flaherty should never have come up, let him get right and well in the minors.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Meanwhile, Liberatore is getting knocked around pretty good in AAA, but at least he is healthy. The reality of Libby is he’s a .500 pitcher in AAA, with a 4.00ish ERA and allows well over a runner an inning. 1.300ish WHIP. This was the case for the 2021 season and again now. But he is probably a better option than Matz and/or Pallante.

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well said Bob Reed. I hope your wrong, and they give Woodford some opportunities. He has pitched well most of the year, outside of 1 or 2 games, but overall has been solid.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t care what anybody says…..Arenado is pitiful as a clutch hitter. After Goldy grounded out I knew we were done.

I agree with this Rat. Arenado’s overall numbers are ok but he isn’t a clutch hitter. He is even more hyped than Carlson. Without Goldy and Donovan we would be in big trouble.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Bling, check Waino’s AAA stats!

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years