2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    kscardfan
    Participant

Free

WOW.. Woody has no choice but to get bombed here. He won’t use him where he can and has flourished. Now you bring him in as a late inning stopper. .

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

our pitching staff couldn’t handle the two inning start. That’s the takeaway here no matter how it ends up. Sadly, all we can hope for is Matz coming back.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Hoping for matz to come back is mighty desperate.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

It’s the pussification of Baseball. They should at least go to the 14th inning. How did the players accede to this? Not good for the Game…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Compliments of an intentional free pass to Nico Hoerner, the bases are now filled to it’s capacity with cubbies. Oh yes sir! A 5-4-3 twin killing has St. Louis realistically thinking comeback as we venture to the bottom of the 10th in a 6-5 cub ballgame.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

…and just like that, Woody gets out of a bases loaded, one out jam. Any miracles left in the bags?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh there’s plenty of miracles left in these Busch stadium bags, BicycleMike…..plenty.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

This Donovan is hard to get out. They’re afraid of him. He’s a lot bigger than he looks..

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Donovan gets rung up on a pitch almost straight smack dab right on down Broadway. He tries to sell “ball” to the home plate ump, but he would have faced a stiff suspension had he called that one anything other than a strike.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A demoralizing game and series, but you have to hand it to these Cubs. They are a class organization……plain and simple.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Marmols’s gotta go. Somebody has to take the blame for this cluster…

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Although Donovan has hit well, think I would have had him move the runner over. You then would have likely had Goldy until ally passed, bring up Arenado with the winning run on. But Nolan Ks and it’s over.

Tough one to lose. You go up 5-0 early and figure it’s one you should be able to bring home against a club that is way down. But now maybe Woodford finally gets some opportunities where these 5+ guys were being used.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I don’t care what anybody says…..Arenado is pitiful as a clutch hitter. After Goldy grounded out I knew we were done.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

This game reminded me of a IU and UK basketball game from way back in the day.

Doesn’t matter if one team is ranked high and the other team is ranked low….
    you always knew it would be a barn burner to the very end and either team could win.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Goldschmidt should be made playing Manager tomorrow after this humbling loss…Players would concour…

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I love the secret message you hid in your concession post “Mo to add cheap bargain reliever in August.”

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Flaherty with shoulder stiffness, so that is why he only went two innings and about 50 pitches.

He probably needs to be shut down for awhile, and maybe rehabbed in minor league games later in the year if he is even able to take the ball. He is not helping right now.

This loss is not on Arenado. It is on the manager and the weak bullpen behind Helsley and maybe Gallegos. Cabrera is on the IL which hurts.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Nick f*****g Witgren!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I think anyone who is still harboring illusions of Jack Flaherty being the savior of our 2022 season had best start working on a new scenario. I don’t think he’s going to be of much help this year.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think you’re right, CIF. And I agree with Booyah……there is no “grin” in “Wittgren”.

danescu_ruddy
    Blocked

Free

Bad Loss today ! They led 5-0 …The Brewers are a mediocre team but they take advantage of Cardinals bad losses…The Cardinals after the Marlins series will play The Phillies twice…The Braves and the Dodgers…meanwhile The Brewers are playing the Pirates and the Cubs,,,The Brewers are playing better against the Cubs than the Cardinals,,,I cant believe The Cardinals can’t beat a team whose star is an average player like Yelich former MVP….They all are batting 200 but still manage to win a lot of 1 run games closed by Hader and Williams. In the 4th game in Milwaukee the Cardinals should have won to take 3 out of 4 from them…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

When you need 7 runs to win….

Yah, I’m a broken record, but there is a definite line there at allowing 6 runs or more, and when we do, we lose (1-19 W/L).

5 runs allowed or less? 40-15 W/L

It’s feels like we are wasting our position players efforts.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Interesting stat, JJ. It shows how the middle relief on this club is keeping them at a level just above mediocrity. We need to find a couple of guys that can cover the middle innings when a starter fails who keep from giving up a run every other inning.

The mish-mash of 5+ ERA guys is weighing the club down. Management has not always used the best guys either.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In other news, Burleson went 3-4 with a homer, DeJong 0-4.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I believe DeJong is pretty much done. Can we get a sack of potatoes for him at this point?

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.