2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    J Mack
    Participant

Free

I vote to up Donovan’s salary to 5 Million.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I rather liked that inning.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Meanwhile the Brewers are up 8-3 in the 4th.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Jack headed back to the IL.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pez, if made available, would have a lot of teams drooling for his services. Geesh, between Winn, Walker, Pez, Gorman, Donovan, Burleson….where do you play all of these guys? Sadly, a couple of these guys are eventually going to have to go. But happily, some decent pitching should be coming this way.

Witty getting hit……3 straight cub hits have made this a 5-1 ballgame with runners straddling 1st & 2nd and no outs.

Make that 4 consecutive cub hits…..bases now juiced. Witty may need to exit this game very very soon here…..Ollie? Could you please come get him?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Contreras, as a 30 year old catcher, isn’t going to cost a team a king’s ransom, Bling. He would be a beautiful two year solution for us until Herrera was ready to take over the reigns. Without looking, I’m thinking a team could get Contreras signed for about 3 @ 40MM

I’ll pass on Contreras. He can hit, but there’s a reason he is DH a lot. He’s not much defending. And as I’ve said in other posts, the extra playoff teams could make this trade deadline prices much higher. There could be 16-20 buyers, with 2-4 of them maybe being more standing pat, leaving only 10 sellers. The teams that are bottom 5 in their league obviously aren’t real good teams and for a reason. So quality players are going to have many teams calling for them and the trade returns this year could be much much higher than anything we’ve seen previously.
    I also think Contreras as a free agent will probably get 4 years and $70-80 million. Pitching is MUCH more of an issue than catcher right now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! If Contreras is commanding 4 @ 80MM, I don’t want any part of him either, Cards667.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Roller Coaster of emotions on this game so far. Witt shuts them down… we come in and hit home runs…. now Cubbies are fired up. Grrr!!!!

J Mack
    Participant

Free

The Cubs have always been tough at Busch stadium. Even when they’re in the cellar. They’re spoilers and don’t think the Cards have this game in their pocket.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo replaces Witty and promptly whiffs Morel, but then Ortega doubles in 2 and now we’re looking at a 5-3 Cardinal ballgame. Still only 1 out with cubs at 2nd & 3rd. Not that any of us not having the last name of “Wittgren” are going to lose any sleep over it, but Witty’s ERA is going to take a terrible hit today.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo pitched well in the Brewers series, as a reliever. Hoping he could be a valuable pen arm.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The aforementioned Contreras singles in two to tie it at 5. I don’t care (well actually I do) if the cubs score 15 runs in this miserable 4th inning, but the Chicago cubs are NOT going to win this game!

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Double play by one player. Goldie. Never seen it before.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Man, with a 5-run lead and lots of innings to go, it sure would’ve been nice to have a swingman to put in the game. Ya know, an established major league pitcher who could boringly eat 4 or 5 innings and allow a couple of runs.

Maybe someone who had a sub-3.00 major league ERA over his last 50 innings and had a history of performing well in MLB long relief….I’ll relent as soon as the Woodford weirdness ends. Or at least is honestly explained by someone. I hate you, Marmol.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It should be J.Mack, but the review booth is still looking at it…..5 minutes now.

Love that post, Bobby!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Heads up play Goldy!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And our ugly middle relief issues return. Disappointing. 3 IP starts can lead to this.
    I agree GS, Flaherty to the IL seems likely. Woodford is stretched out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll tell how miniscule of a chance that I believe Chicago has of winning to this game. If the cubs win today, I vow to treat the cubs with the utmost respect for the remainder of this season. I’ll say no unkind word about them, no name calling, heck I’ll even capitalize the name “cubs”. And if anyone here at the Cardinal Nation really lambastes them, I’ll have the cubbies back. That’s how much of a chance they have of winning today…..it just ain’t happening.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Flaherty may or may not get back on track and be a solid pitcher this season but I’ve seen enough. Cards can’t count on him and between this and the Matz debacle they really, really need to try to go get a good starter to add to the rotation….

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here here, ZTR!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Wittgren to the dung heap please. He will be on DL tomorrow.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

All that gold hanging on Oviedo’s neck wore him out..

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh oh….I think Packy is about to enter this ballgame……yep, with 2 out and Hoerner on 1st base in the 5th, Oviedo is giving way to one, Packy Naughton. No offense to Packy, but our odds of winning just went from a 97% probability to 75%.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Maybe our announcers should start talking up the Cubbies…. seems like everything they are saying…the opposite is happening in this game.

Nice DP!!!!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Naughton has now faced 61 batters this season and has walked two.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.