2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 75 thread – Sunday, June 26 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (0-0, 6.00) vs. RHP Matt Swarmer (1-3, 5.84)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Remember the 1st time we faced this guy it was Cy Swarmer. I expect us to pound on him in this one.

I might miss the first couple of innings. Meeting with some former co-workers at the Amish restaurant at 1:00 tomorrow (noon St. Louis time). One of them is a disabled vet who is mentally messed up and has a woman fleecing him out of all his money. $750,000 to date. This woman might be with him tomorrow at the restaurant. I hope I can keep my mouth shut since he thinks she cares about him. Then again, maybe I should’t keep my mouth shut.

r/Esteemed Rat

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Rat, speak up! Ruffle the feathers a bit so your buddy can maybe start realizing it…. Just my opinion

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, it’s a tough call, CardsFanInChiTown. Much is dependent upon the mental state of Rat’s friend. This sounds serious. Be careful, Rat, as sometimes the good Samaritan or person trying to assist matters, ends up getting badly hurt.

The Cards should swarm all over the cubbies tomorrow. I’m calling it 10-4 St. Louis.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat. Let your intuition guide you. But my thought is ,that as much as you want to help this guy, it’s likely that you would be better not to involve yourself with his ‘matters of the heart’ unless specifically asked.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully Jack doesn’t flounder, but Thompson, Oviedo and Woody are available.

Is it true that Yadi is back in PR?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Flaherty’s 3rd start – hopefully see some substantial improvement over the first two.

IF Flaherty can return to even 90% of what he was in 2019 then the Cards should cruise to the division title – barring other personnel disasters…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am glad that Ollie got the memo about switching Donovan and Gorman in the order.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Question is, will the real J. Flaherty show up today, or scarier, is what we’ve seen in the last two starts the real J. Flaherty now? Fingers crossed. Rah Cardinals! Rah Jack!

I like the lineup, except for the second question mark hanging over Herrera.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weather report here 10 miles SW of Busch. 70 degrees. Kind of a high overcast. Sky is a light grey color. No wind. The last light rain was close to an hour ago. Light sprinkes now and then since then seem to be decreasing and doing nothing right now. If nothing changes it will be hard to get a fly ball over the fence today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat will appreciate your nice weather report, Bling. I’m a little worried about him, as he’s probably meeting with his pal and money grubbing g/f as we speak. If he doesn’t check in by day’s end, we just might have to request a welfare check on him. I think Herrera is probably a year or two away from being a prime ML contributor. And with Knizner being pretty much an automatic out, this ball club is in dire need of a quality catcher. I would be totally shocked if Mo was not in direct contact with the cubs this weekend in regards to a possible acquisition of Willson Contreras. I think Pez and a quality pitching prospect would get the deal done.

I’m available to ride high in the PBP saddle today if anyone is in need of it, so speak up if you want it. What’s for din-din you may ask? I’m not 100% sure about din-din yet, but for lunch I just had heavily onion laden sloppy joes, some sort of macaroni salad with cheese, celery and green olives, deviled eggs and 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great comeback last night when we quit sitting on our hands. Gorman had a huge game a couple nights ago but was a black hole last night. Switched with Donovan looking for some consistency. Imagine how fast we would be if we could get Bader-Edman-or Sosa on. Thats why I like Bader 9th. Herrera had a big rbi last night and Knizner ‘s been getting a hit about every 3 gamers. He really-really needs to pick it up a little. Jacks out of whack. So far been looking like a AAA rehab in the Major Leagues to me. Probably be another bull pen game? Please prove me wrong today.
    Rats I have learned to Never give advice on peoples relationships or marriages unless asked for your opinion from them. Otherwise it will always lead to trouble.I just sit back and observe and don’t take sides. But thats me.
    Din-din will be cook out family hot dogs and hamburgers! Go Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t hink Mo will go for Contreras because signing him after this season would hamper his ability to potentially sign the high end starter we need even worse than a catcher. Besides that, I think the Cubs could get a better offer than Yepez plus any one of our pitching prospects.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Contreras, as a 30 year old catcher, isn’t going to cost a team a king’s ransom, Bling. He would be a beautiful two year solution for us until Herrera was ready to take over the reigns. Without looking, I’m thinking a team could get Contreras signed for about 3 @ 40MM. With what’s coming off the books in 2023, I don’t think signing Contreras would put the kabosh on signing a nice starter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty goes 0-2 on the leadoff hitter(Morel), and then cannot put him away, as he walks him. Not a good start.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like to have Contreras but the likelihood of the Cards and Cubs trading with each other seem very low to me. It rarely ever happens.

https://www.historyofcardinals.com/trading-history-with-the-chicago-cubs/#:~:text=be%20named%20later.-,The%20St.,(minors)%20and%20Mike%20Morgan.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow you don’t see that every day …or week…..or even every month ……a Paul Goldschmidt fielding miscue.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not the cleanest half inning ever.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great info, thanks Scotty! Trades between these longtime arch rivals are a rarity. But, I’m getting the sneaking suspicion that something is in the works here. We’ll see.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I second the need for a quality catcher. Herrera is blowing a big opportunity tô push by Kninzer.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Ollie read Rats comment yesterday. 🙂

“That lineup needs to be changed. Donovan and Gorman need to switch places.”

Didn’t work out 1st time up…. more innings to come. 🙂

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

An Arenado single thrusts St. Louis into a 1-0 advantage.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Met with my disabled vet/mentally handicapped buddy at the Amish restaurant. That woman was not with him, which didn’t surprise me. I tried to talk him out of selling his house since I know he will blow the money on that woman.

Anyway, I made it back in time to see the Goldschmidt walk and Arenado single. And how about poor Bryce Harper? That’s a big OUCH! in more ways than one.

Time to light up a cigar and sit on the couch with Whitey Herdog for the rest of this one.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ollie read Rat’s comment yesterday.

It may not be as far fetched as one might think, Tscurlo. Getting back quickly to the possibility of our Cards acquiring some catching help. I think naturally, much depends upon Yadi’s health. If the Cards believe Yadi will be capable of handling a fair amount of the catching responsibilities through season’s end, bringing someone else in would be a remote possibility.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years