2021 Rotation

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Rotation

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 543 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To please you, gscottar?

No, I don’t think he is going to base his decisions on me but yes I would like to see him return if he wants to. And how do you know he doesn’t want to? He appears to be healthy as a horse right now, is going to lead the team in innings and wins. He is the ace. He is our BEST pitcher right now IMO and that includes Flaherty. I think he and Yadi want to go out together so let them come back for one more year. I don’t understand why you are so offended with the idea of him coming back. He can pitch until he is 45 if he wants to and he is productive.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas got lit up in Springfield this evening.

bccran
    Participant

The answer. Adam’s motivation is to continue working, producing, and trying to find ways to make the world a better place. The more money he earns, the more charitable donations he can make. That’s his mission.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well no one has forced to him come back and pitch these last few seasons and he has still done mission work in the winter. If he is still having fun I expect he will pitch again next season.

bccran
    Participant

Yes, he does mission work, but the more he makes the more he can contribute to his favored charities. It’s important to him.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitching is important to him also. He probably has one more season left then he can spend the rest of his life doing all of the other things he wants to do. Most players don’t want to hang it up until they are 100% sure they are done.

bccran
    Participant

Some people plan for retirement well from a psychological standpoint. They lay out activities that they know will be interesting, educational, and in some cases challenging. Others are lost when they retire because so much of their purpose, goals, and satisfaction comes from their jobs. In addition to making more money for charities, Adam knows that he would miss the ether of performing at such a high level.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino most likely will go into broadcasting after he’s done pitching, so it’s not like he’ll be home 24/7 anyway.

I would expect him back in 2022, barring injury before the end of the year.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I figure Waino can earn the most money by pitching another year. That would maximize the amount of charitable donations he could make.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

While we’re talking about rotation guys, one guy I’ve been beating the drum for the last few years is Robbie Ray. I thought he could flourish if he got out of Arizona. How’s he done this year?

9-5, 2.90 ERA, 1.066 WHIP, 11 K/9, 2.4 BB/9

Ouch

bccran
    Participant

I hope Adam eventually becomes our pitching coach.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Amen.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Being able to do it does not mean you can teach it.

Michael Jordan isn’t a good coach – he was so good that he cannot relate to the average pro….

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, folks have always gone on at length about what a great mentor Waino is for the young pitchers, so I for one, would certainly give him a try as a pitching coach, unless we are absolutely drenched in other wonderful postulants.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    ZTR
    Participant

Free

Good Lord.

Again?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals have allowed 6 runs or more in 37 games this season.

37 / 111 games = 33%

So every 3 game series, there is one game we have very little chance of winning. That puts a huge amount of pressure on the other two games.

Our record when allowing 6 runs or more is 4-33.

——-

In 28 games we have allowed 7 runs or more.

28 / 111 = 25%

Every 4th game we’ve allowed at least 7 runs. That’s really bad. Our record in those 28 games is 1-27.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Ponce will be better, couldn’t be worse. Good luck to him. He is sort of like DeJong, been around several years and got steadily worse.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Waino
    “Lucky” LeBlanc
    Happ
    Lester
    Ponce

Not a bad 1-2 punch on top, but then as that old tv commercial puts it, “where’s the beef”?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was thinking the same thing about DeJong. I think one think we should keep in mind about Waino is that this team really needs him. Without Waino this year we would probably be struggling to stay ahead of Pittsburgh.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Whoever thought that our rotation would be these five on Aug. 10th?….. or anything even close to it. Right now LeBlanc is our #2 starter.

bccran
    Participant

Can anyone remember a year when the Cardinals rotation was wiped out by injury as much as this year?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I can’t. It may have happened but I don’t recall it.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yogi was right, the game is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

bccran
    Participant

Must have been something mental about Yogi’s 1950 season. 656 plate appearances, 30 doubles, 6 triples, 28 home runs, and 124 runs batted in. Struck out 12 times.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 543 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years