2021 Cardinals MLB Game 24 thread – Wednesday, April 28 vs Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 24 thread – Wednesday, April 28 vs Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Love that Edman will go with the pitch.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Thanks Pugs. Here is another one (or two).

Larry (and or Norm) Sherry.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Edman with a real nice play

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I knew you’d be at the head of the class with this, BicycleMike. Larry and Norm Sherry….I tip my cap to you sir.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Tommy Edman makes the Cardinals go. My favorite Cardinal by a lot.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That play of Edman was a doozy, Colhusker! I would hate to see a Cardinal team right now without Tommy Edman starting on it.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

First time I’ve seen Miller throw this year. His slider looks a lot loopier than what I recall

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp 3 out of 42. Cut him yesterday.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Bart Shirley.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

To many leadoff hitters be left or doubled up tonight

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Really like Edman as well. As good as he is, Wong is better, although Tommy is more versatile. But Kolten never seemed to gain quite the following that Tommy has.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Domingo Jean, yet another overhyped yankee prospect

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 8

Sam Coonhound on the hill for Philly…what a name!

Arenado – Lofts a ball the other way and it will fall in for a hit as the right fielder Joyce picks it up and gets it in.

DeJong – Not Coonhound but rather Coonrod is this relievers last name. Strikes out swinging and would someone PLEASE come up with a big hit here!

O’Neill – Busts his bat as the ball heads out to Gregorius and this one has DP written all over it..to Maton for one and over to Hoskins at 1st to put the finishing touch on the tailor made 6-4-3 twin killer.

Cards 3
    Phils 5

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sequencing, sequencing, sequencing. It’s absolutely killing the Cards tonight. The Phillies bunch their base runners and capitalize on fewer hits while the Cards are double play machines and can’t get any sort of clutch hit.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

…and of course there is the all timer, Babe Ruth.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Pete Rose

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Bobby Allison

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bart Shirley

Bart “Don’t Call Me” Shirley…..another Jim Dandy, BicycleMike. Now MrPerkins weighs in with “Domingo “Blue” Jean”…..not bad MrPerkins, but like Domingo’s career, not quite ready for the show just yet. Keep em coming gang.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Billy Ashley

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh my golly….. BicycleMike & MrPerkins are now pelting me with 5-star responses….Pete Rose….Babe Ruth….Bobby Allison…..it just doesn’t get any better than this.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We should have tried to bunt for a hit a few times with Carps doppleganger Miller at 3rd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who in blazes is Billy Ashley…..I think MrPerkins is trying to pull the wool over our eyes now.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Once again, completely shut out by a very mediocre Phillies pen. They’ve found ways to match up really well against the Cards.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 9

Hector Neris the new man of the hour for Philly.

Williams – Just find a way to get on base here. I would love to see Neris plunk our first two batters like Cabby did earlier to Harper and Gregorius. He whiffs.

Knizner – Grounds it neatly out to Gregorius, who has been a most busy man this evening, and he’ll easily peg Knizner out at 1st.

Dean – Slips in the box as he routinely grounds it to Maton at 2nd and that’s your ballgame.

Cards 3
    Phils 5

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another frustrating loss. It would be nice if we saved some of runs when we score 12, because we score 0 the next day.
    One wild inning, and the home run by Miller do us in.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years