2021 Cardinals MLB Game 24 thread – Wednesday, April 28 vs Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 24 thread – Wednesday, April 28 vs Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow I just lost my entire PBP for the 2nd….ouch!

Well the highlight was a Tyler O’Neill 2 run jack to left.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This has to be the first time in the long history of MLB when the two catchers have the same first name and their last name starts with the same first two letters.

Well maybe not, there were two Hal Smith’s, both catchers in the late ‘50s early ‘60s. One was with us.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Great “catch” BicycleMike!

And thanks for covering, Stlcard25.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Is the board acting up for anyone else.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Nothing chaps my arse more than losing an entire half inning of PBP when our Birds score. This is not the first time it’s occured here in my illustrious PBP career, but this one was on me, as I pushed a button that I knew I shouldn’t have attempted…..it was like “no that couldn’t happen to me”….but it did….live and learn…oh what a great catch by Williams in right. Oviedo sets the Phils down consecutively in the 3rd in a 2-1 St. Louis ballgame. Oviedo has logged 56 pitches.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Justin Williams with the nice sliding catch on the ball out to right field by Hoskins. You really want to root for the kid, and maybe he can make it eventually. If he can launch a few more balls rather than hitting grounders, maybe he will find success.

Oviedo Ks Harper to finish the 3rd. Nice work there.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

And to add on to the “Hal Smith”’saga, the actor by that name was most notably appearing on the Andy Griffith show now and then as Otis Campbell.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It always acts up on RatsBuddy, Bling. But I think that’s just Brian toying with good ol’ Rat.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Is this Odubel Herrera? I thought he was out of baseball after his domestic violence arrest?

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy goes yard!! 3-1 Cards!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

Edman – Pops it up right in the vacinity of the 2nd base bag…. Gregorius drifts a few feet back and camps under it just on the edge of the outfield grass for the out.

Carlson – Flys out to Herrera in center.

Goldy – Puts a charge into one to center!…. Herrera races back to the track but he has run plum out of real estate as it’s gone…3-1 Cardinals.

Arenado – Not a lot of ground outs so far. I wish my statistician wasn’t on vacation in Gary, Indiana so I could get us an exact total…and naturally on cue Arenado grounds out to 3rd.

Cards 3
    Phils 1

Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s him, Cardinals27. I guess Herrera still has 2 strikes left as far as our commissioner is concerned.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hoot Oviendo is dealing.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo 71 pitches thru 4….he has set down his last 8 Philadelphians and had 7 K’s to his credit. Not too shabby.

Participant

Paid - Annual

What an outing by Oviedo. He’s throwing the changeup more. If he is a 3 pitch pitcher, his ceiling (and floor) is higher.

Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill is above the Mendoza line. And now he swipes second.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

O’Neill reminds me of Mantle running to first from the right side.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4

DeJong – Pops it up in foul territory in back of 1st base where Hoskins will race over and slap the leather on it for the out.

O’Neill – Grounds it between 3rd & short where Miller dives for it but doesn’t glove it cleanly and he’ll have to deposit that one in his hip pocket as he rights himself….infield hit O’Neill.

Williams – DeJong to 2nd on a wild pitch. Justin grounds it with authority right past Velasquez and right up the gut of the infield where Gregorius makes a dandy play and throws him out at 1st with DeJong moving over to 3rd

Knizner – Intentionally walked.

Oviedo – Strikes out.

Cards 3
    Phils 1

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller ties the game on a gopher ball by Oviedo. Danny Mac called the shot. 3-3.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh oh gang….my lesser half is pestering me to watch the tele with her for awhile. Would you guys shoot me if I left for a bit? Oh no….Miller rides an Oviedo slider right on out of the park and suddenly this one is knotted up at 3. Maybe I can’t leave now…..not in this time of need.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman gets us going with a poke through the left side to start the bottom of the 5th.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, Carlson with a major upper cut swing on those fouls, before taking strike three. Those pitches were down, and instead of going out and leveling off he kept his hands up and swung up on them.

But guys do that these days.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Both Cards and the Blues tied 3-3, strange.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Goldy had a pitch to drive on 2-0, but fouled it back. Opportunity here on 3-1 – walk.

Arenado seems to swing at that pitch down and in a lot, but you really can’t do much with it. Then he looks bad flailing at a pitch way outside and in the dirt. Sheesh – he looked like Bader on that.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Guy in the stands catches better than Ozuna did

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years