2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, would you believe these are the first games Yadi has ever played at the NY Mets in September? So with the ground out that just happened, he’s 4-8 or batting .500.

If you count the four playoffs games at NY Mets early in his career during October (bet that’s what fueled your question), the results were also good. In those games, he was 6-13 for an average of .462.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yet another bonehead move by Shildt, pulling Woody after only 61 pitches, and pinch hitting with the automatic out man.

Now you are forced into burning up a lot of bullpen innings. That one move that Shildt has done over and over has likely cost us at least a couple of games, as it taxes the ‘pen.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stroman mows us down with nary a wimper in the 6th.

Let’s say the visiting team scores 5 runs in the top of the 7th to tie the game at 5. Which team do you think has the advantage. The visitors with momentum clearly on their side, or the home team with the extra offensive half inning? All things being relatively equal performance wise between the two teams, I’d select the visiting team every time.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

NICE!!!!!!!!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes indeed, BicycleMike. And you wonder why these guys never effectively learn how to pitch in excess of 5 innings in a ML game.

Wow Euro! With you around, I’ll never look towards the once esteemed Elias Sports Bureau ever again. Great stats and thanks!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One thing I will say is strange is that noted Met killer Paul Dejong hasn’t gotten an at bat in this series. I realize that small samples can provide odd results but you’d think a guy who was willing to pinch hit Matt Carpenter would be willing to give a guy with this line a start in New York:

.351/.379/.773/1.152, 11 2B, 10 HR in 24 games

I mean, would it hurt?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Forgot about DeJong’s prowess in the Big apple, Stlcard25. Do you think Shildt knows?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well nothing in the 7rh. It’s getting late.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Dang it stlcard25, just be quiet!! 😉

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3-2 Mets going to the bottom of the 7th. We need this one bad! For me, this game right here is going to indicate if our team is ready for October play. A true contender would overcome this 1 run late deficit.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabby quickly dispatches 3 Mets in the 7th. He had an awful couple of games last month, but Cabby has been pretty much money for us all year long.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabrera has 63 appearances this year…50 with no earned runs. 15 of his 27 earned runs came in just 4 appearances. He has a 1.84 ERA in all other appearances. Sort of an all or nothing.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wow, O’Neill hammers one to put the Cards up.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just flipped the game on for a rare change to see O’Neill bomb one into the seats! I had a good feeling about that! 4-3 Cards!

1982 willie
    Participant

Big blow by oneil gives us some energy here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ty teed off!!!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill came up big there! He has driven in three of the four Redbird runs tonight.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Dinger!! We needed that!

1982 willie
    Participant

Oneil would need to get a little hot but he could reach 30 this year.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I bet O’Neill has the fastest average homerun trot in MLB. I guessing he beats the next guy by over a second.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some of you guys like Euro, Bling and Stlcard25 should work as statisticians for the AP wire. Great Cabby stats, Stlcard25.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we catch a break there, can we pounce on it just like last night.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Catcher’s Interference. Good catch by the Cardinal bench! Two on. Cards need to add on!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikey likey Jeurys Familia…..Mikey not likey Jeurys exiting this affair…..come back por favor senor Familia.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Need to tack on at least one more tally here in a 1 run Cardinal ballgame. Up to Sosa.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.