2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

• This topic has 153 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by GACard.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford looks pretty good.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford the epitome of Steady Eddie these past 3 innings, as the Mets have been unable to muster a hit. Still 2-2 heading to the 5th.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He looked good and he’s gone. Carp dinks one and is out. I heard he wants a job next season. He knows he’s hitting .170, right?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford batting for himself would be a better option than Carp at this point. Not sure why Lars Nootbar wouldn’t be the pinch hitter if needed.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Come on Ty…..tee off on one.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

My Gosh Carpenter…. just hold your bat out in the air at an angle and you’re on base…. instead of hitting into outs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad!!!!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny Blingster!

Indeed, I think we’re all wondering the same thing, Stlcard25.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Pirates had a nice 6-0 lead….. and now they let Cinnci right back into it. 6-4

My brother-in-law lives in PA and is a Pirates fan… but he’s not been to happy of late… well actually all year. 🙂

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So would you be shocked if the cardinals resign carpenter.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not the best news from the Steel City, Tscurlo. But…..they still lead by 2. If they blow it, I’ll hate the Pirates, Pittsburgh and the entire state of Pennsylvania forever…..except the City of Brotherly Love of course.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

GET HIM OUTTA THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Ponce….. get a nice grounder for DB!!!!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So we take Woodford out to pitch hit carpenter which is a waste to bring in Ponce so he can do this nonsense. Just doesn’t make sense to me.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed, I think we’re all wondering the same thing, Stlcard25.

I’m pretty sure any pinch hitter could step off TCN and fare just as well as Carp right now. I know they are figuring he’s due for one eventually, but come on. He’s like 0-30 and we are in the playoff race. You cannot play a guy like that. If he wasn’t a future Cardinal HOFer he’d have been cut by now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So would you be shocked if the Cardinals resign Carpenter.

Other than the team moving to the city of Chicago, that’s the only thing that could ever make me root for another baseball team, Willie.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hear you there pugsley but with this ownership, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

bye bye double play

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce’s time in st Louis should be over after this year. Moments of greatness but really hasn’t put it together for a good run. Whitley put in a bad situation.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Whitley’s first pitch nearly airballs it….. PA system plays the starting audio of “Wild Thing”

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wow talk about a bonehead move. Putting Carp in this game at all. To put in Ponce to walk the bases full? What was he doing in the bull pen before he came in? Playing with his phone?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That run is on Ponce…..figuratively and literally. I fear the hitless Alonso here….hold your breath.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whitley whiffs Alonso and gets us out of a terrible pickle. 3-2 Mets.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce is a great story, but he’s about worn out his welcome in St Louis too. He should try the “only throws cutters” approach and if it can’t work, the Cards should call it quits.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well when you walk the pitcher, bad things are sure to follow. Whitley did good by limiting the damage.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Not sure what Shildt’s deal with Carp is. I believe he’s actually giving him a chance to chase the all time slump of 0-54 set by Chris Davis a few years ago.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marcus Stroman just seems like a Cards kind of pitcher. He may be expensive this winter but I’m sure he’d love to play with the Cards’ defense behind him.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years