2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards giving it away now. Kim hasn’t been good, awful throw to Goldy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Talk about a nail biter. Why didn’t I take up tennis or chess instead of baseball? I’d be sleeping like a baby right now if I had.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Whew, they win one that they probably shouldn’t have. Kim was melting under the stress, got lucky.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards win 7-6! Oh my … thank god I stocked up on Tums!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well it wasn’t pretty but we got it done somehow. Let’s go for sweep

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Never a doubt, gentlemen…..never a doubt. 7-6 your happy final.

GACard
    Participant

Free

What a crazy win. Alex Reyes might have gotten back one of the wins he blew by holding the Mets scoreless in the bottom of the tenth (given new rules about extras). Can’t believe we pulled that out after not scoring top ten. Good win birds!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I saw a post on Twitter showing Yadi and Ponce arguing in the dugout. Coaches and teammates separated them. Wonder what that was all about?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

64, I missed that. Would be interesting to know. Maybe Ponce asked Yadi to carry a lighter piano on his back when he runs out grounders.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Another very close one but it will just look like a W tomorrow. Lot of hits tonight. Good pitching and great defense again.Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Probably had something to do with Ponce shaking off signs, 1964Cards. I wouldn’t shake Yadi off unless I was at least 5 inches taller and 50 lbs of muscle heavier than Yadi.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

😳

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Letting Kim pitch with Andrew Miller in the bullpen tells you what Shildt thinks about Andrew Miller. Just sayin….. if Ponce de Leon was having such an argument with Yadi that the coaches had to separate them, that may very well be the end of Ponce de Leon’s stay with the Cardinals, and rightfully so. It proves that Ponce de Leon only has a half a brain, or maybe less. No unproven punk should get in the face of a veteran who is also a ballclub’s icon and a future HOF’er to boot. Just dumb. Yadi will no doubt make up with him. But I doubt if the Cardinal brass will forget it. Just my opinion.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Idk what happened in the dugout but with 3 walks in the inning Ponce needs to stfu. He has really been a disappointment where I feel he could be a strength on this team. I always felt he could be a good guy to have in a 7th inning role with the lack of pitches he has but he appears to have the itis when it comes to letting guys on. Right now that is not a good mix for this team. We’ve given him chances to succeed and he has failed about half of them.

Team is in the 2nd card now. Let’s hope they can keep the momentum going. Idk about tomorrow if we need someone to close it out in the 9th but we’ve got SD coming in and I want this series bad! 15 years in the whales vagina makes it extra special for me.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, we are really backing into the post season race. The starter not going deep opened the door to some pen generated drama. Yadi probably told Ponce to go sit by Carp.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh my………a Mariano Rivera-like closing to Booyah’s post. Maybe we should bestow Booyah with the nickname “The Closer”?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gutsy win there. Still would like to see Shildt manage the pen better…for whatever reason he’s regressing to Mathenyville with the ridiculous roles and pulling people after a few pitches. Nice to see the team clawing into the WC race after we (I) left them for dead. Wouldn’t it be something if they snuck in and then Waino outdueled Buehler to knock off the Dodgers in the play in game??

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well the WC2 situation certainly has gotten interesting.

Can’t expect the Buckos to take another from the Reds so the Cards will have to figure out a way to keep winning.

Crazy race among the cream of the crap.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the pen being taxed, the need for Lester to go 7 strong today is paramount. If he doesn’t have it today and gets shelled, he’s going to have to take the punishment and hang in there thru 7. Being the consummate professional, he wouldn’t object. But it should be a moot point, as these are the times that a Jon Lester shines…..no matter what his age. He’ll kick butt today and we’ll get our sweep.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

Yadi/Ponce….. Of course I’m sure most of you heard Dan and Edmonds talking about it, from the studio feed, during the game. For those that might not have watched/heard it… I believe Edmond’s theory was that Yadi might of felt that Ponce was “Showing Him Up” out there on the mound. My take meaning… Ponce was shaking Yadi’s choices of pitch off.

But in my opinion… it doesn’t matter what pitches Yadi was calling for…. or what pitches Ponce wanted to throw…. Ponce wasn’t getting the job done.

If it were me…. I wouldn’t want to get into a fist to cuff with Yadi!!! Ponce wouldn’t be relegated to the bull pen… he would be relegated to the “out with injury” list!!!!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Quite the affair last night, and the game was good too! 😀

On the Molina-Ponce deal, Yadi probably said something like “If you can’t throw strikes try not shaking me off next time.”

Ponce is a guy that has the stuff to dominate, but like so many Cardinal pitchers he has trouble with command. Reyes has done a little better – Hicks was hot and miss while he was out there.

As noted by a poster Shildt still is burning too many pitchers. No way he should have pulled Woody for Carp after only 4 innings. Then he gets a hot pitcher in there for one batter, and pulls him for a pinch hitter who he has bunt. I was thinking during that sequence that I would have taken a shot at Garcia getting the bunt down, then have him try to close it out.

On a different note, if we hang in this thing is there a chance Flaherty will be available in day, the final week Anyone know?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That double play started by Goldy was gold glove caliber stuff. Not only is he having a very solid year with the bat I would like to know who is a better defensive 1B in the league.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bad idea by Ponce.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Ponce may have questioned in his mind the two wild pitches that were very questionable and that Molina might have had a shot at them. Ponce was probably very upset about his performance and was blowing off some steam. The two “wild pitches” didn’t help his cause. Met’s commentator, our very own Keith Hernandez. made mention of the two WPs saying they could have been stopped by a younger Molina. Just saying.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years