2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

• This topic has 153 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by GACard.
Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is making his big salary this year, for sure. He started slow but has been money for a while now. June 1 to today, he has a .313/.387/.548 line for a 152 wRC+. Not to mention, his defense has saved a ton of runs over the last few years. I’m sure Arenado loves having his Hoover glove at first.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Ponce keeps going off on Yadi he will find himself in a different organization next year and that is not hyperbole. He might need to be in a different organization anyway considering his lousy performance this year.

GACard
    Participant

Free

You’re right on both accounts GScott. I think the frustration started when Yadi dropped the foul tip, and Ponce has to be stronger than that mentally. Instead of getting the man out, he walked him and walked two more after that batter

25 – I think it’s dumb for anyone to question Goldy early season again. I know most on this forum didn’t but he really hasn’t put up a bad season for us. Even 2019 wasn’t that bad. His numbers were obviously going to take some kind of hit coming from Chase to Busch, but he’s been great overall. He’s always been a slow starter too. I’d like to think his approach/swing isn’t one that leads to a dramatic downfall at age 33 either, but what do I know (so don’t quote me)

Viewing 3 posts - 151 through 153 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years