2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 141 thread – Tuesday, September 14 at Mets

• This topic has 153 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by GACard.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m.
    RHP Jake Woodford (2-3, 4.28) vs. RHP Marcus Stroman (9-12, 2.87)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

Bob
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting match up tonight.
    Woodford and Alonso were team mates
    In Tampa. The 2013 Plant HS lineup
    Included;
    1st base – Alonso
    Pitcher – Woodford
    Outfield – Tucker
    Catcher-Woodford’s brother Now a attorney!
    That was a fun team.!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

By close of business tonight it’s possible we could be in the lead for the 2nd Wild Card. Imagine that. Or we could also fall further behind. We shall see.

Din-din today was a trip down to the German restaurant in Jasper, the Snitz. I had some WeinerSchnitzel, german fries, and green beans.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some schnitz at The Snitz….major league move, Rat! Din-din for me on this fine Tuesday evening will consist of red snapper, rare roast beef, red potatoes, small salad with just as much onions and cheese in it as lettuce, Figi water and 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies. What a time it would be for us to get scorching red hot. We’re not classified as attaining that level just yet, but it’s a tangible possibility. If our boys make it to post season play, you just have to rethink the effectiveness of our skipper. With the real great ones, they can give one the early impression that they don’t have a steady grasp on what it takes to be a quality manager, when in reality, they’re well beyond our realm of thinking and thus have a firm hold on matters. Is this Shildt? I doubt it, but you never know.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I have a tingling feeling this evening that this game just might determine the season for us, that angel hair thin thread that holds our chances either does, or doesn’t (If only we had another Waino to send into battle for us).

On the din-din front, it was super simple tonight- pork chops and cornbread, with mashed potatoes and eggplant. No dessert. Got a jolt when I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 83 kilos (182 pounds) so I eased back a bit on the cornbread butter slathering.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Personally I don’t see us making the playoffs as any win for the manager really, maybe a small one. The padres have basically just melted away from what they were at the beginning of the season and the reds are the reds, an average team.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No din-din, Willie? Isn’t that just like Cardinal In France? Honoring the great Cedric (properly pronounced “Seed-rick”) Cornbread Maxwell with a din-din featuring the always scrumptious cornbread, with a side of eggplant parmesano. Frightened at 182 lbs., Cardinal In France? I’d be turning somersaults with numbers like that.

Huge game indeed. It’s really a game we should lose. But I’m banking on Shildt being the aforementioned “great manager” and bringing this “W” to roost. I’ll call it 6-4 Birds with Carlson throttling a long one into the Big Apple night.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They play in the bottom of the 3rd at Three Rivers (as the esteemed Rat would say) and it’s the Pirates all over the Redlegs like a cheap suit…3-0 and looking for more. Pile it on Pittsburgh!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is game 144, 18 left after tonight.

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Jake Woodford (R) P

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not an ideal way to start a game if you’re the team donning red…… consecutive base hits by the first two Met batters and they have runners perched on the corners. Let’s get out of this with only one run and I’m a happy camper.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the home team plates 2 1st inning tallies….not great, but could have been much worse. Time to get a little offensively minded ourselves as we commence play in the top of the 2nd at Shea….hey….darn RatsBuddy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Our pitcher has given up 4 hits thru one inning and their pitcher has surrendered no hits thru two frames. We need a major momentum change……Bader with a tremendous play in center would do for starters.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford restores order in the 2nd by setting the Metropolitans down in order. Still 2-0 Bad Guys.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford with a wonderful at bat. Nothing that will enhance his batting average, but he briefly sentenced Stroman to hard labor by making him throw 9 pitches before he finally watched strike 3 sail on by.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stroman with a no-no thru 3…..maybe that will jinx him. With a name like Stroman, you have to believe that one day he’ll ply his trade in an Astros uni.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Chicken, spinach sauteed in garlic and olive oil, and some watermelon. Might have some coconut yogurt or a coconut popsicle later. Remains to be seen if I’ll partake in a shot of Scotch around the 8th inning. Cards need to get going soon.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford faces the minimum Mets for the second straight inning…..this time with an inning ending twin killing compliments of the ever dangerous Pete Alonso.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I tuned in just in time to see Woodford throw ball 4, sigh. And I see we are losing, sigh.

din-din is homemade chicken noodle soup and drop biscuits. Mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy and O’Neill just cut the lead in half.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Holy smoly Euro Dandy…..that din-din of your’s sounds absolutely glorious. That’s straight out of Cardinal In France’s cookbook. I’ve plagiarized a few din-dins myself from these game threads…..and that’s one din-din that’s as good as on my dinner table come tomorrow night.

What are “drop biscuits” , Bling?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d love to see Yadi’s lifetime September batting average in New York. This is one answer I don’t even think Euro or Bling could unearth. No offense gentlemen, but this may be best left for our good friend Skippy and all of the fine folk over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I was thinking some of CIF’s cornbread would really round it out. I love cornbread and haven’t had it in a while.

And cool Cornbread Maxwell reference. I’ll never forget him leading UNC Charlotte in their Cinderella run to the 1977 Final Four. I lived about 60 miles from Charlotte then and needless to say it got the locals in a festive mood.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson sac fly knots this baby up at 2 as we mozzy along to the Met 4th.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, drop biscuits are biscuit dough that is not rolled out. You just drop spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and into the oven. Red Lobster’s cheddar bay biscuits are drop biscuits not rolled out. I like to drop chunks of biscuit in the soup like big yummy croutons.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Most happy to rekindle memories from the great year of 1977, Euro. What fantastic days they were. What a neat area that must have been, Euro. I was living as a very young lad in Cleveland at the time……which wasn’t too shabby a place either.

You should have been a chef, Bling…..a master chef at that.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years