2020 World Series

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 World Series

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now Pederson with the bomb to LCF to make it 3-0. Sure would be nice to have that bat in our lineup next year.

bccran
    Participant

Is that what’s known as a trolling comment, 25?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No, I really would like to see Pederson on the Cardinals next year.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Diaz cuts into the lead with the RBI triple. Arozarena has a chance to bring the Rays within 1 now.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Base hit for Randy…3-2.

bccran
    Participant

A-R-O-Z-A-R-E-N-A

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arozarena never saw a breaking pitch he didn’t like. He can golf them or tomahawk the high ones.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Margot tries to steal home and gets called out to end the inning. I couldn’t tell if he was safe or out, even with the replays.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Fine line between aggressiveness and pushing too hard. Rays have had two runners erased in scoring position in the last two innings and remain down by one.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Home run records for both the Rays hitters and pitchers…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Dodgers stretch the lead back to 2 with a homer by Muncy.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Kershaw pulled after 5 2/3 innings. His manager said before the game that he would face 21 batters tonight. Is he done for the Series or could Roberts be planning to use him out of the pen in Game 7?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Dodgers’ pen did its job as LA won 4-2 to go up three games to two.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If they had been blessed with this sort of technology back in 1964, one would wonder if “The cubbie Nation” board would have eventually banned the name “Lou Brock”, so to help take the sting out of the worst trade in baseball history? I’m thinking maybe Brian might contemplate showing similar mercy to his followers with the reduced usage of the name “Randy Arozarena”?

bccran
    Participant

Great idea, Pugs. Except for that freedom of speech thing.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Uh, the “freedom of speech thing” IS the idea.

Believe it or not Pugs, I had also thought of how fans would have acted had social media existed during Brock’s career. It would have been really ugly on the Cubs end. Can you imagine Lou’s every feat for 16 years leading to the same complaints posted over and over? But we cannot be smug, since the Steve Carlton reaction around these parts would have been just as bad – or worse.

For Brock and Randy, there is the parallel of their new team reaching the World Series (and maybe losing) in the first year after the trade. We will have to see if the Rays develop a dynasty like the 1960’s Cardinals, but that really isn’t the point being made.

The gentle kidding will likely have no effect other than perhaps to encourage more of the same…

bccran
    Participant

The reasons why there’s so much chatter about RA is because –

1.) The trade was only 10 months ago.

2.) He’s setting all time playoff records.

3.) He’s become somewhat of a media darling in the World Series telecasts.

The chatter will fade over time.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Dodgers now have the luxury of using a fully rested Buehler in game 7 if necessary, which is what I would do. Kershaw would probably be available for an inning also.

I expect them to go with Gonsolin or a bullpen game for game 6.

I thought it was telling that Jansen didn’t get the 9th inning last night.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Underlying reasons:

4) Some fans cannot get enough of praising themselves for saying it was a bad trade, with the strength of conviction having increased over time.

5) Some fantasize that had Randy stayed, he would have saved the 2020 offense, when in all likelihood, he probably wouldn’t have played here, anyway.

6) Some could care less about the future (Liberatore) as their attention span is the immediate moment only.

7) It is a way to passively-aggressively criticize the front office.

bccran
    Participant

Brian – you can’t stop jumping on posters, can you? Black Hills is right.

As I said, the chatter will fade.
    And as you’ve told other posters on multiple occasions – time to move on.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The rules remain the same. We ask to focus discussions on what is in posts, not other posters. If someone takes personally generic observations about how fans are reacting across social media, that is on them.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No game tonight. Tuesday’s Game 6 matchup will be Tony Gonsolin vs. Blake Snell. Same time, same channel. First pitch at 7:08 p.m. on FOX. Dodgers can clinch and Rays want to force a Game 7 on Wednesday. Personally, I hope the series goes a full seven. This has been fun to watch.

bccran
    Participant

Then why are you making a comment on another poster, BW? Chastising a poster for bad language, name calling, blatant rudeness, etc. is one thing. For too many comments about one player – RA? Really? That’s going a bit far, as Black Hills has pointed out. This is supposed to be an enjoyable place to chat about baseball and the Cardinals. Not a place to be constantly having possible chastisement always lurking.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You got in the last word. Great. Now, let’s talk about the World Series as you suggested.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arozarena just better be careful with his hat while he’s running. If it falls off too many times, he’ll lose all the support he was getting from his former fans.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.