2020 World Series

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 World Series

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I’m sure it’s been discussed by all y’all from every different perspective, but for me it doesn’t come down to Mo lacking discernment about talent in the outfield — just the opposite — he drafted these guys. It come down to something far worse: giving a long contract to Dexter that choked off all our flexibility to give our outfield prospects a fair chance.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I guess Aroz has snapped out of his WS slump. His slash line for the four games after 3 ABs tonight is .385/.500/.846/1.346 and he and Lowe have propelled the Rays to a 5-4 lead in the 6th.

bccran
    Participant

Sure seems like he’s doing okay now, Euro.

bccran
    Participant

Liberatore is a nice prospect. He’ll improve on that 1.29 WHIP he had in 2019 for the A level Bowling Green Hot Rods.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am actually enjoying this World Series and haven’t been “sickened” by players doing well on the big stage. Life is too short to be angry all the time.

For those who care about the game, the Dodgers just took the lead 6-5 going into the bottom of the seventh.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

What a game! Kiermaier ties it up in B7th on another HR.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This is a Jim Dandy of a game. Tied after 7. If the Rays can pull it out, the series has potential to be a great one.

bccran
    Participant

Anger? Don’t think so.
    Wonderment? Sure.

bccran
    Participant

Dodgers payroll – #2
    Rays payroll – #27

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He’ll improve on that 1.29 WHIP he had in 2019 for the A level Bowling Green Hot Rods.

Saving grace being that particular league is not considered to be low A level. As a quick aside, your’s truly spent his frosh collegiate campaign at BGSU ( that’s Bowling Green State University to the layman ) and to boot, was brothered into Orel Hershiser’s frat ( Sig Ep )….Orel had already graduated. Virtue, deligence and brotherly love being our motto. Anyway, I think Cranny’s Bowling Green Hot Rods affiliate is actually located in Kentucky and not Ohio. Dodgers taking control of Game 5 now in the 8th.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Seager and Turner are both 4-for-5. They have scored five times and driven in three. Dodgers lead 7-6 going into the ninth.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Real quick here as we enter the 9th frame in a 7-6 Dodger ballgame. Speaking of frats. I’m sure a fair number of our posters have experienced “Hell Week”( the 7 days of misery one must endure just prior to becoming a full fledged Brother ). I believe these days that Hell Weeks have been greatly softened….and for good reason. I will not list all of the atrocities they put us through, but for me, the roughest thing I experienced was their nightly “Exercise Hour”. It was 60 minutes of constant pushups, jumping rope, sit ups and jogging up and down the frat houses three floors. And for that hour you were allowed not one drop of water. When your 60 minutes were finished, they immediately lined all 9 of we pledges up and were given this huge spoon of peanut butter. We could not leave until we completely swallowed it. Fun!

Tinky
    Participant

Free

And look who’s up with a man on and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th…

Tinky
    Participant

Free

He works a walk.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

What a crazy finish. Phillips singles to tie the game. But Taylor misplays the ball in CF. Arozarena, the potential tying runner, falls down between third and home. Taylor’s throw home is way ahead of Randy, but catcher Will Smith muffs the catch. Perhaps he was thinking he had to make a quick tag, but he had all day. As the ball rolls away, Randy picks himself up and slides home to score the walkoff run.

The Dodgers may have a hard time recovering from this epic collapse. The Series is tied 2-2. Now it is a best of three.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Arozarena scores the winning run in walk off fashion after falling down. He’s a magic man!

Tinky
    Participant

Free

And now, oh my! He comes around to score the winning run from first on a blooper to center an an error by the Dodger center fielder! I don’t believe what I just saw! Wow what a finish!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a crazy finish. Randy with the base running blunder but gets away with it as the catcher can’t control the ball.

Kenley Jansen blows it.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

yep, that’s a Dodger meltdown

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That kind of reminds me of the Allen Craig game in Game 3 of the 2013 World Series when Craig was dead to rights at the plate but was called safe due to interference by the 3B. I was at that game.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I can’t watch the end without laughing. What joy for them.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The difference is that Craig had a lot of help from Middlebrooks. Randy appeared to fall down on his own after rounding third. What I thought of was poor Adolis Garcia, who did the exact same thing late in the 2018 season to cost the Cardinals a win – because the opposing defense did not bail him out. Randy was lucky. I guess the magic does continue. It can be a fine line between hero and goat sometimes.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’m wondering what the play would’ve looked like if Arozarena hadn’t fallen down and Smith made a clean catch at the plate. That could’ve been a helluva play too.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Remember when Shildt gave Bader the opportunity to strike out 5 times because he wanted his D to help secure the win vs the Padres? CF D matters even when you score 7 runs.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.