2020 Cardinals Game #54 – Thu, Sept. 24 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #54 – Thu, Sept. 24 vs. Brewers

Viewing 6 posts - 151 through 156 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I agree with you on the pen outlook being strong in 2021, but in the immediate term, I was really hoping Reyes could have closed it out last night. Using Gallegos early signaled they are not yet confident with him back in the ninth and Miller is so hit and miss. Right now, heading toward the playoffs, there is no clear closer. Just have to hope Shildt can mix and match in the right combo. We could definitely see some of Thursday’s relievers pitch back-to-back during Friday’s doubleheader. They need to be up to it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With Gallegos looking so sharp last night I bet we will see him back in the ninth very soon.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was expecting Reyes and Cabrera to get early usage in this series, in case they are needed to start on Monday. Shildty can monitor the odds we have to play in Det as the series progresses. Even if they both threw again today, it would be equivalent to a pen session between starts.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cards need to play Monday, I would expect that they might go with KK in game one on short rest and a short leash. You may as well go all out and throw the best arms at Game 1. A win there will be the most vital anyway, and if you don’t have to play game 2, all the better.

Participant

Free

Euro D: I am innocent of any wordplay (in this instance)>

Participant

Paid - Annual

Congrats to all the great posters from last night. I didn’t see much of the game last night, but found the 7 pages of posts entertaining.

P.S. keep the dinner references rolling. Rat, Pugs, ED, CIF it seems we win a lot when food is mentioned.

Viewing 6 posts - 151 through 156 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years