2020 Cardinals Game #54 – Thu, Sept. 24 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #54 – Thu, Sept. 24 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

Congrats to Yadi for # 2000.

Bull is managing the bullpen like this is Game 7 of the World Series. I have no beef with that. He’s pushing all the right buttons as far as I’m concerned.

Go Cards.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mo said, with our lineup we need four closers

Participant

Paid - Annual

You know, you see it time after time in post season baseball where a team entering the tournament appears to be totally gassed just making it there. And then they kick butt. With what the Cards have endured, they should be in pretty darn good shape come October.

Participant

Free

It should feel like a breeze to them with only one game per day.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Reyes has provided much more than I guessed this year. Tonight is the first game I have actually seen him. Has he lost weight?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Say things were normal. You’re sitting out in the left field seats tonight minding your own business. And lo and behold here comes Yadi’s 2000th hit, right into your lap replacing the bag of peanuts you were holding. What do you do with the ball?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I recall someone recently speculating that Mr. Fowler does not try hard because of his contract and because he already won a title… The wind has changed direction…

Participant

Free

I don’t think so. He’s put in muscle I believe.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reyes lost weight in the 2018-2019 off-season. The second photo is from 2017.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It sure should, So_Cal_Cards.

Yeah, I think Reyes has dropped a few lbs., Euro Dandy. I thought his cap looked huge on him tonight.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So maybe it’s a combo of losing body fat and adding muscle. I honestly don’t know if my mental image of Reyes before tonight was from before or after 2019.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes may be hanging around Carlos too much. From that pic, it looks like Stevie Wonder cuts his hair. And that hat of his needs to be seriously downsized. And while he’s at it, it certainly wouldn’t hurt to clip off that little bit of hair dangling from his chinny chin chin. And he could break a smile too. Richard Gere from Pretty Woman fame could get him set straight if he took Reyes on a little Beverly Hills shopping spree.

Participant

Free

Two cheap hits this inning, then good D from TON on the real hit.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ok miller, earn your big bucks vs yelich

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

atta-boy Miller

Participant

Free

That’s a winner!

Participant

Free

That was a big un!

4-2 win

Participant

Free

This from Goold July 19

His goal was to clean the rust from his mechanics and build the muscle that he didn’t have time in previous winters. He stepped on the mound July 1 in St. Louis with a tailwind of confidence and 22 days to claim a spot on the roster.

“I felt really strong,” Reyes said. “I feel like I was able to work some things out in my delivery, and I’m excited for what’s in store for this year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Also fair to remember that Reyes was one of the group who had to deal with COVID this season. No matter what they say, I often find myself wondering if there is an impact.

Participant

Free

Ah, I love to get up in the morning, check the box scores and see the Cards have notched a W, especially at this time of year. I knew those scampi would do the job. They even produced one more run than I expected.
    Rah Cardinals.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Really good to get game 1. The offense did just enough to get the runs they needed. Would have been nice to be a little more efficient scoring runs when the opportunity presented itself, but if you get the W that’s what matters.

Participant

Paid - Annual

For Fowler, the glow and ether of being on a World Championship team in the 3rd largest metro area in the U.S. (that hadn’t seen a World Series winner in 108 years) might be waning. Glad he’s getting a few walks and hits now to help justify the $16.5 million salary. That 2018 line of .180/.278/.298/.576 was kind of rough.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I knew those scampi would do the job. They even produced one more run than I expected.

Coming from the guy in France, I have to ask.
    Double entendre? Your stomach okay? Shrimp/prawns can do that, you know.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Reyes and Cabrera are becoming quite the duo in the pen. Both have nasty stuff. Throw in Gallegos, Gant, and Miller and we should be able to dramatically shorten games in the postseason. That is a big weapon to have especially with our challenging offense.

Throw in Hicks next year and maybe a more confident Helsley and maybe even CMart (gulp) and our bullpen is stacked.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years