2020 Cardinals Game #54 – Thu, Sept. 24 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #54 – Thu, Sept. 24 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez to 10-day IL with oblique strain – MLBTR

I’m sure they are leaving the door open in case of emergency for the playoffs, but that should just about end a year to forget for Cmart.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
    2. Tommy Edman (S) LF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Brad Miller (L) DH
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    9. Dylan Carlson (S) CF

Participant

Paid - Annual

I look for Pugs to be whooping it up while riding a cow down Main Street late this evening if the Cardinals get a win tonight.

Only while naked, BicycleMike. Little known fact that most farmers do not even know. A cow will prance around gleefully with a human on it’s back…….but only if that person is as naked as a jaybird. If you have any clothes on, they get agitated and won’t budge.

Participant

Free

Pugs, since I always believe what I see in commercials, you obviously haven’t seen the commercial with John Cena riding the cow.

Participant

Free

Thanks. Brian, from one standings wonk to another.

Here’s a twist on B, called C. Again we win only 2 of five from Brewers and are 29-29 with the Brewers 30-30. In this scenario Reds go 0-3 and are out, and so we cannot get past the head on head record with Brewers, so it seems like the Brewers will get 2nd place.

But Philly does well for 2nd place, and both the Marlins and the Giants finish 30-30. We hold the intra-division tiebreaker against both, so MLB forces us to Detroit to play at least one game, for if we lose both, we are out, ending 29-31, and both Marlins and Giants become 7th and 8th seeds. We win the first game in Detroit, eliminating this 0-2 scenario, so MLB cancels game #60 Vs Detroit, we finish 30-29 for the season, and win 2nd place!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

The Cardinals have the rotation set the next 4 games. Just get 3 wins out of the way and worry about everyone behind us and Detroit when it comes.

The lineup is what it is.

Participant

Tonight we have a cleanup hitter with the following line – .182/.321/.311/.632

Has it really come to this?

Participant

Free

My favorite part of scenario B is having the Brewers beat us in game 5, with Cincy down 3-0 in the 9th at Twins. (Both afternoon games). Brewers poised for 2nd place. Reds tie it up in the 9th, and win it in extras, and the Brewers go from 2nd place to OUT, losing the tiebreaker to the Reds. (Assumes Giants or Philly is 7th seed.)

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

so cal, I guess case D would be case C but if the Cards lose game 59 and win 60 for a three-way tie at 30-30, with two of the three (Stl, Mia, SF) getting the seven and eight seeds and one losing out.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Martinez unavailability is favorable to me. Easily out worst pitcher this season and had no business on a postseason roster.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here you go, bccran. Last time was before TLR was manager. P.S. Carpenter is currently 2-for-his-last-30.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lineups should be constructed to beat the opposing SP’r. How’s Carps numbers vs Burnes?

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

.429 / .500 / 1.429 / 1.929

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leadoff walk to Wong. Feels like the Cards have had the leadoff man on a lot lately without much to show for it. Let’s get the scoring started here.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

walk and an error…. lets get on the board

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

walk and three K’s. pop my bubble

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Man, they needed that and didn’t get it. The nos. 3 and 4 hitters strike out with a runner on third.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The opposing pitcher throwing the ball away is the Cards’ best chance to score these days, it seems.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

Just a sorry excuse for an offense

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Histories can be misleading. Burnes was a very different pitcher before 2020 and Carpenter, well, you know his story…

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see the double play make up for that lucky bloop that Hiura got.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another leadoff batter on for the Cards.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In his 13th career GS, everyone is a sss vs Burnes, but doesn’t mean the manager should ignore the past results. I’ll bet Burnes remembers how Carp hits him. If that helps protect Goldy, I’ll take it.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dejong just isn’t seeing the ball. He’s swinging at terrible pitches and letting fat fastballs go by. You hope he can find a way to run into one some time.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years