2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

31 Gingery
    32 Capel
    33 Oviedo
    34 Cedeno
    35. Perez

14NyquisT
    Participant

#31-Gingery
    #32-Walsh
    #33-JuRodriguez
    #34-Pinder
    #35-Cedeno

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fagalde
    Gallegos
    Cedeno
    “The Pelican”
    Gingery

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

31. Delvin Perez – I don’t think he’s lost all that talent and had stretches of being a good hitter in short season A ball last year. I’m thinking he’ll put it all together this year in Peoria and start moving up the ladder in a real way.

32. Conner Capel – I think he’ll improve with a little more time in the system now and expect/hope to see Capel in Springfield this year. I think he’ll be able to show a little more there than he was able to in PB.

33. Junior Fernandez – Still got the stuff of a top 10 guy. If he can prove to stay healthy and continue to refine and reign in his pitches, he could shoot up the rankings again by mid-season.

34. Leandro Cedeno – Probably a top-10 type hitter if he continues at the pace he’s going. Has raked everywhere he’s been. Hopefully he ends up teaming up with Gorman again in Peoria to start the year.

35. Steven Gingery – I think he has more talent than #35 on this list, but would still like to see him pitch post TJ surgery. Less risk than there used to be from that recovery, but still. Kind of a soft tossing lefty with a disappearing change-up in the Marco Gonzales mold. I don’t suspect he’ll get a ton of work this season coming back off surgery, but if he could push his way to PB that would be a big indication of how the club sees him.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31) Walsh, flying under the radar for now. He will be Springfield at possibly Memphis next year.
    32) Julio Rodriguez, Good young catcher, also may see Springfield next season.
    33) Cedeno, Hopefully he has a good spring and starts at Peoria.
    34) Greene, has to develop a breaking pitch. Otherwise he is stuck at Memphis.
    35) Schrock, I believe he will hit .300 again next year, if not lost to Rule 5.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Urias was tabbed in Round 30, Cardinals27.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Pugs, I changed it.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess Scrock was taken earlier too. Make my 35 pick Fernandez.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31.Connor Capel OF
    32.Connor Greene RP
    33.Scott Hurst OF
    34.Will Latcham RP
    35.Casey Meisner RP

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31. Oviedo
    32. Capel
    33. Perez
    34. Cedeno
    35. Greene

PadsFS
    Participant

BlackHillsCard’s Picks:

(didn’t change much)

#31 – Conner Capel, OF (Mercado trade)
    #32 – Steven Gingery, LHP (2018 Draft)
    #33 – Conner Greene, RHP (Grichuk trade)
    #34 – Giovanny Gallegos, RHP (Voit trade)
    #35 – Connor Jones, RHP (2016 Draft)

PadsFS
    Participant

PugsleyAddams

Fagalde
    Gallegos
    Cedeno
    “The Pelican”
    Gingery

Who’s The Pelican, sheriff?

PadsFS
    Participant

My picks

#31 – Johan Oviedo, RHP ~ $1.9M signing bonus
    #32 – Delvin Perez, SS ~ $2.2M signing bonus (Can’t believe he would fall this far
    #33 – Conner Greene, RHP ~ Large part of the Grichuk trade return centered on Greene, not Leone
    #34 – Conner Capel, OF ~ Mercado return
    #35 – Leandro Cedeno, 1B/OF ~ near .600 SLG%

UncleDenny
    Participant

Way past time for Cedeno. Played at only one yr older than Gorman and rapped 14 homers at JC.
    Cedeno
    Oviedo
    Greene
    Gil (3rd rounder played at 17)
    Ortega

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31 – Greene
    32 – Oviedo
    33 – Cedeno
    34 – Ortega
    35 – Perez

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Back off vacation; looks like I missed a lot.

31. Leandro Cedeno
    32. Steve Gingery
    33. Hector Mendoza
    34. Justin Toerner
    35. Joerlin De Los Santos

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31-Capel
    32-Fagalde
    33-Oviedo
    34-Gallegos
    35-J.De Los Santos

(tough putting order to this level of guys)
    Greene, Cedeno, Mendoza, Ortega, Perez, Jones, Gil, Gingery, etc….so many good guys to pick from still

BW had Hurst and Meisner…def good looks too

14NyquisT
    Participant

Wiley… good to have you back. Mendoza is #21.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Nyquis, that is Evan Mendoza. He is voting for Hector Mendoza, the Cuban relief pitcher who had a good year at Springfield but struggled at Memphis.

14NyquisT
    Participant

CC.. I stand corrected, I just looked quickly at his selections. Hector had a nice season appearing in 49 games, and his time at Springfield was very solid. The promotions (he was up a down twice) to Memphis weren’t as pretty but he still was brought into 17 games there. They challenged the 24 year old at AAA and the experience being on a winning team will be a great help for him in ’19. He may turn into a very good prospect.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I actually initially thought he was voting for Ramon Mendoza (DSL) who is around #60 on my list.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Funny Pads! But, for all of you newbies who may have recently become Redbird fans, “The Pelican” is none other than Christopher John Ellis.

Indeed, nice to see the Wiley one back in the saddle and shooting out solid picks again. Hope your trip to the once great State of California was a good one, Wiley. Hey…..anyone see Cranny lately?

Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31. Geovanny Gallegos rhp
    I never planned on being a Gallegos apologist, but here I am. He has 32 total major league innings with 34 strikeouts and a 1.26 WHIP.

32. Conner Capel of
    He was a Top 10 prospect for Cleveland. If he can regain his power stroke, he can be for us too.

33. Junior Fernandez, p
    Injuries have hurt his development and forced him to the bullpen. A healthy year might put him in contention for a spot in the Cardinal pen. He has the fastball and the
    make-up to be a closer if his health allows.

34. Johan Oviedo, p
    The 6 foot 6 inch righthander was signed out of Cuba for $2,000,000. He is a strikeout pitcher with questionable control, but at only 20 years old, he still has time to develop into
    what the Cardinals envisioned. Next year should let us know what we have in him.

35. Steven Gingery, p
    The lefthander’s change-up was called the best for a college pitcher in the 2018 draft. If he’s healthy in 2019, he should springboard into our Top 15.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31-Gingery
    32-Oviedo
    33-Fagalde

34-Conner Capel. A lefty OF with good tools, he struggled when he came over to St Louis. But there’s still some hope that he can bounce back in 2019.

35-Giovanny Gallegos. He’s probably going to be in the major league bullpen this year, so it’s hard to put him much lower than this. But as a career bullpen guy, it’s hard to place him much higher, either. Lots of K’s from this guy.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

31. Gingery
    32. Cedeno
    33. Gallegos
    34. Fagalde
    35. Gil

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.