Wong Gone (Most Likely)-2021 Option Declined

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Wong Gone (Most Likely)-2021 Option Declined

Viewing 9 posts - 176 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a cool tribute. I wish there had been a way to bring Wong back, but sometimes the fit just doesn’t work. Hopefully Kolten plays well in Milwaukee and has much success, just not against our Cards. 😁

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow that was a great video! I will miss Wong. I wish we could have fit him into the budget but business is business. I guess we will see him 19 times this year in a Brewer uniform.

Participant

Free

Really nice. The text version here.

Also the tear-jerker with his mom from 2018.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

It sucks the FO gave Yadi $9M, which is a vast overpay for 38-year old catcher with diminished defense and offense skills, and couldn’t afford $12M for Wong, who is still in his prime.

Participant

Paid - Annual

The letter kolten wrote to st Louis and it’s fans was great. I believe the Cardinals did him wrong in that he was one of the few players that did the stuff to get better and hence deserved to get paid as opposed to some of the players the Cardinals gave money to in the near past. Though he always bugged me in that he could make these incredible plays but turn around and do something wrong on a routine play. Still I am a big fan, I wish him well.

grayssportsalmanaccgrayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

my friend (who has obviously been working from home too long) recognized the “rock paper scissors” from about the 25 second mark saying “we were at that game!”

And we were, i got in the video..for two seconds, far left of screen, “gray” long sleeves and blue shorts, let my 15min begin! : )

Participant

Free

Very nice of Kolten to do this video. Its unfortunate in a number of ways. However, I understand why the Cardinals did what they did with his contract in the end. He was a really good defensive player but a very average at best hitter. He was overpaid for his production level overall. Having said that he’s still the kind of player you enjoy and like because he was happy being a Cardinal. But sometimes things just have to run their course and come to an end. This is one of those times. Wish him well except when he is in the opposing dugout facing the good guys.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Always liked Wong and the way he played. He seemed to genuinely enjoy playing the game. And at the same time, you could see the stress when he was struggling.

He was well worth the $12M for this year IMHO. I think he will have a terrific 2021. Maybe I am just being a pessimist here, but I get the sense that Wong, Ozuna and Arozarena will all be better than the guys we have playing those positions in 2021.

Viewing 9 posts - 176 through 184 (of 184 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years