Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

This topic contains 2,871 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 2,751 through 2,775 (of 2,872 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Don’t think Gyorko fits to TB. Too many affordable infielders already.

Maybe Wacha but that adds substantial salary wheras the other three you mentioned don’t in 19′(same w/jedd).

TB is looking at Morton on a short term.
    Bozo and a young SP, mlb ready? Ponce, gant, gomber, etc?

Lowe ahead of McCarthy, but McCarthy’s LF/1B does fit our rosters FA’s-to-be.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

TB does lack Power batters since Cron went to Twins.Rumor says TB looking at Nelson Cruz for DH .Gyorko would likely be a lot cheaper and offer some versatility.I still think Gyorko ends up in Minnesota.Relatively decent cost and Twins need 3B insurance for Sano.Schoop and Torreyes just signed with Twins but neither one are considered defensive minded.So I could see either TB or Minnesota as fitting for Gyorko.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Moving Cecil and Fowler would be the same vein as trading Kelly: the FO trying to rid the organization of some of their f-ups. (Gregerson would make it a superfecta).

jj-cf-stl
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Gyorko instead of Bozo as TB DH? Ok, but they lose Bozo’s control yrs.

I see jedd as a FA-to-be next season. 13mil in 2020 w/no SD $ contribution. TB may view him that way also.

I like the twins better as his destination.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

No Gyorko to TB as a right-handed 2B/3B that can hit lefties

He makes sense in MN as an upgrade at 3B over Sano

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Cardinals2016.
    Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

The reason Tampa wants right-handed hitters is because they got killed by LH pitchers last year because they have too many LH hitters. The Cardinals problem in reverse.

According to Marc Topkin, they’re willing to take on salary this year, but only on a S-T basis. They’d be getting Gyorko for $9 million, plus Martinez, both of whom destroy lefties.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

From the Fowler postings: We were talking about the FO trading Carpenter.

Don’t get me wrong. Carpenter has been a great Cardinal and has given his heart and soul for this organization. He’s done whatever was asked of him 1B, 2B, 3B… like an all-star Schumaker.

But business is business and personal contributions don’t get figured in. (except for Molina and Wainwright). Matt is a touch underneath those two as far as fan support goes.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

If we can resign Goldschmidt next year AND sign Arenado, I’d prefer to keep Carpenter and trade Wong.

I just want to see what a lineup featuring Arenado, Carpenter and Goldschmidt can produce

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I understand wanting to move Fowler and Cecil but acquiring Seager and moving Carp to 2B doesn’t make sense to me. We already have a gold glove caliber 2B so why would we insert a guy who can barely play the position? And I don’t want to pay Seager for 4 years to hit .220. And I would say the chances of the Cardinals trading Carp are less than 1%.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I think we are more likely to see Carpenter in LF than 2B.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

I would think Seager would be an expensive bench option in case Carpenter got hurt or needed a rest. May also be a defensive replacement in some games.

The value is getting your two worst players off the roster AND clearing a roster space.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, $72M over 4 years would be considered an expensive bench option.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Fowler is set to make $49.5 million over 3 years and Cecil $15.5 million over 2 years. So, incremental cost is $7 million.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So you would be parting with two bad players that you can get rid of in 2 or 3 years and receiving a bad player you can’t get rid of for four years. I don’t like that math.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought the winter meetings started today.WTF are they doing? Nothing but crickets so far……..nothing from anybody…not a peep.I realize Vegas is 3 hours behind most of us but there has been nothing from any sources anywhere .All quiet on the Western Front.

Nothing from any teams……..not even rumors…

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Avatar Bw52.
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Winter meetings start tomorrow, but most execs are probably already there.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

DiPoto has to be going through withdrawal

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Winter meetings opened TODAY December 9th.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the first day is basically just unpack your bags and grab a drink. The meat of the meetings will be Monday-Wednesday with the Rule 5 draft on Thursday.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free
    Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CArds claim Ryan Meisinger RP from Orioles 24 years old .first MLB action 2018 2-1 6.43 ERA 21 IP 21 K 10 BB 1.33 WHIP.Young bullpen arm looks like.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

and the dumpster diving has started….

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

50% chance we waive Meisinger within the week. May be just a ploy hoping he passes through waivers for us so we can gain control. But he has two options left. Something Myers doesnt have!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, the first real day of Winter Meetings was pretty boring. I guess groundwork can be laid for future moves here. Also, if there was any chance Fernandez would be claimed, I would prefer to have outrighted Mayers. or WEbb. This Meisinger does have good minor league numbers. Here’s to hoping he isn’t a AAAA.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free
Viewing 25 posts - 2,751 through 2,775 (of 2,872 total)

The topic ‘Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018’ is closed to new replies.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years