Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

Viewing 25 posts - 2,726 through 2,750 (of 2,872 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You are absolutely right about the Chargers. They made a big mistake. They will be the step child in LA. They will be the NFL version of the Clippers if they are lucky. I’m surprised that the city of San Diego still owed money on the stadium there considering it was built in 1967. That is weird unless it was some kind of refinance for upgrades.

I follow a guy on Twitter named Vincent Bonsignore. He is very knowledgeable and did a fantastic job of describing the whole saga between the Rams, Chargers, and Raiders.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatargscottar.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatargscottar.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The FO gets a A-/B+ for the Goldschmidt trade. Now, get MIller, or Rogers and Strickland, or Kelly.

Participant

Get Bumgarner and Britton.

Participant

Free

“Get Bumgarner and Britton.”

Only if they come with a time machine.
    I don’t want anyone who is multiple years past his prime. Especially pitchers, and most especially pitchers who will cost a lot in terms of talent or shekels.

Maybe I’m paranoid. Maybe the recent Redbird history with Cecil, Gregerson, and Holland has pretty much ruined me for future pitching acquisitions. But I’d much rather the Cards take on mid-sized unwanted contracts while trading for relievers in their mid-20’s, and in free agency pay for starters not already on the downslope — like young Mr. Kikuchi.

Participant

Are you talking about Bumgarner, Britton, or both? Bumgarner is 29…Goldy is 31.

Participant

Free

For what they gave up, Mo gets an A/A+ for the deal for Goldy! Weaver and Kelly would have been the two most ideal “Trade chips” not really losing much for 2019 stand point.

What other prospects or MLB chips would you folks prefer they move for other needs?

1) Jose Martinez and one of the half dozen AAA OF’s or a Junior Fernandez type for Taylor Rogers is at the top of my dream list.

2) Gyorko has positive trade value and two years of control left, with Munoz and Wisdom as my preferred bench infield guys, he is simply a luxury that could be turned into a good prospect (I love Wisdom for what it’s worth and think he is the perfect bench corner IF bat). – Then use the money to get Britton, only projected for 3/33M. That seems light…..

3) CMart has to be gone due to the lack of giving a crap about playing baseball and would allow them to get a stud prospect or two and then sign Kikuchi or Keuchel to give us a LH starter

4) Fowler for whatever it takes to dump that contract, maybe even sweeten it with a prospect or two. I’d still love Brantley (3/45 is the MLBTR projection, that sounds like a bargain IMO) and Oneill can take over in LF or RF in 2020, if not it seems there are boat loads of OF prospects in Memphis that should be ready.

5) One or two of Gant/Ponce/Helsley for the best possible prospect that is in the lower levels but is “High Ceiling”

6) Several of the Memphis/Springfield OF prospects for the best possible prospect that is in the lower levels but is “High Ceiling”

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

Cecil and Gregerson
    for Russell Martin

Mutual dump within 1mil

Participant

Free

Cecil and Gregerson
    for Russell Martin

Mutual dump within 1mil

I like the trade idea. I don’t know if Yadi would like having a $20 million backup.

Participant

Free

So, one of the popular refrains I hear often is that the Cardinals still don’t have a true ace.

Carlos Martinez has the potential, but hasn’t lived up to it. Miles Mikolas was great, but we saw what happened with the Final Boss in his second year.

This would be a trade that actually hurts, but probably makes us a much better team:
    Kluber or Bauer

Corey Kluber for Dakota Hudson, John Gant, Adolis Garcia, Randy Arozorena

This is a trade I originally thought would have to include Carson Kelly, but since he’s no longer available, may have to be sweetened with Elhuris Montero.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

The only way the Cards make that trade is if they truly feel this year is there only window. I dont think they have that mindset.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Corey Kluber for Dakota Hudson, John Gant, Adolis Garcia, Randy Arozorena

That trade doesn’t hurt me much at all…and I’d happily make it, even for Bauer. Hudson is back end rotation material to me, Gant may not even be that, Garcia is a reserve OF/AAAA type, and while Arozarena has a high ceiling, his struggle in Memphis this year indicates that he has some way to go. Montero would hurt, and that might be enough to get the conversation started.

I’d imagine the conversation between Mo and Chernoff ends when Chernoff asks for Jack Flaherty. After all, if we were trading Cmart, we would be demanding another team’s best young player in return, right?

Participant

Free

Yes. Most trades for a pitcher of Kluber’s stature involve at least two Top 100 prospects, if not three

Usually, teams make certain players off limits, I included Reyes, O’Neill and Gorman as the off limits players.

As for the Cardinals window:
    – They have Goldschmidt, Ozuna, Mikolas, Wacha for one year
    – They have Carpenter, Molina & Gyorko for two years

They would have control of Kluber for 3 years.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kluber would be awesome…but I would think we would have to include at least two of Flaherty, O’Neill, Gorman, Montero to get it done. The return would be just a touch below the Chris Sale trade, IMO.

Of course maybe then they trade Cmart for prospects. He’d bring at least a Quintana return.

Participant

Free

Well, I’m also considering that the Indians are looking for salary relief and still want to compete for a winnable division (where they only really have to beat Minnesota).

Being able to offer two MLB-ready pitchers and a MLB ready outfielder (a position they need) kind of makes up for the lack of Top 100’s, and is something most competing offers won’t be able to do.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I would be very interested in Kluber or Bumgarner. Kluber is more of an ace right now but Madbum should require lesser prospects since he only has one year left.

Chitown, I think your list of trade prospects is spot on. To me the only young untouchables would be Reyes, Hicks, Flaherty, and Gorman. I would also hate to lose Hudson but we might have to for someone like Kluber.

Participant

Free

NO to Bumgarner! His career as an ace is over. I’d rather have Bud Norris.

Participant

Free

Potential Rays targets

We know they’ve talked to the Cardinals about JMart (they have too many lefties, not enough righties), I also read that they’ve reached out to Cleveland about Edwin Encarnacion.

Which would then open up Cleveland as a place to trade JMart.

Participant

If you rather have Bud Norris than Bumgarner then it is a good thing you’re not a GM. Bumgarner may not be an ace but he is a lefty, he is 29 and he is only making 12M next year. I would trade for him in a second.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is apparently not a rumor, but a columnist wondering out loud after he heard Goldy mention Descalso (along with about a dozen other former teammates) today.

Man, I hope the Cards aim higher than this. Career .240 hitter who is coming off his only season above MLB average (106 OPS+ vs. his career mark of 85, where 100 is average).

Participant

Free

Please!!! No more slugs!!

Participant

Free
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bold predictions for MLB Winter Meetings
    Kyle Seager traded from Seattle to St. Louis for Dexter Fowler and Brett Cecil
    Seattle would probably like to dump Seager’s remaining three years on his contract, but it’s hard to find a team willing to take it after two down years. The alternative would be to swap salaries, with St. Louis as a potential match. Fowler and Cecil have been disasters in their contracts, but acquiring two pieces for one gives Ms general manager Jerry Dipoto potentially more trade firepower if either is able to rebound. It’s not an optimal defensive arrangement, but the Cardinals could slide Matt Carpenter over to second base to accommodate Seager, should he rebound.

Jennifer Buchanan / USA Today Sports

******************************************************************************************

I would love this rumor to actually happen. Carpenter to 2B??????

Participant

Free

Now THAT would be a trade I would do in a heartbeat. Get rid of our two worst players and clear a roster space in one trade? Done.

I’d even “throw in” JMart to get the deal done.

Participant

Paid - Annual

My predictions for Cards winter meetings
    LH bench bat-Corey Spangenberg
    LH bullpen-Aaron Loup or Luis Avilan
    CLoser-Brad Brach RHP
    Backup Catcher-Adam Moore or Chris Herrman

trades
    Jose Martinez,Tyler Webb and Mike Mayers to TB for 1B Nate Lowe,RHP Hunter Wood
    Jedd Gyorko, to Minnesota for RF Max Kepler

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by AvatarBw52.
    Participant

Free

Luis Avilan as a LH reliever makes sense.

I’m hoping our left-handed bats come from Tampa, but I’d really like to see:
    JMart + Gyorko for (1B/OF) Joe McCarthy + (2B/OF) Brandon Lowe

Viewing 25 posts - 2,726 through 2,750 (of 2,872 total)
  • The topic ‘Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018’ is closed to new replies.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years