Cardinals Team Hall of Fame

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Cardinals Team Hall of Fame

Viewing 5 posts - 351 through 355 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well byciclemike, I totally agree with you on carpenter. I’m going with carpenter far as last 25 years or so but other than him, morris would be my guy. Going further back would be more complicated but I’m trying to stay closer to current.

kscardfankscardfan
    Participant

Free

If you didn’t see Hernandez play you missed a player that is in another league compared to those being voted on. He didn’t ask to be traded. Should he have just quit playing? An all time Cardinal great should be in the Cardinal Hall. If not it isn’t legit.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

If you didn’t see Hernandez play you missed a player that is in another league compared to those being voted on. He didn’t ask to be traded. Should he have just quit playing? An all time Cardinal great should be in the Cardinal Hall. If not it isn’t legit.

From a brief meeting and dialogue with Keith a year ago, I get the sense he really wants to be in the Cardinal’s Hall of Fame. It would mean a great deal to him. He knows he made mistakes when he was younger – most of us likely did things years ago that we now look back on and think now how dumb we were for doing it.

But he came through the organization and played 10 years as a Cardinal. He identifies with that as much or moreso than as a Met, even though he has been involved with them in his post season career. When pressed for an answer between the two organizations he has said, “I am a Cardinal”. He would be thrilled with enshrinement here, and I hope he does not have to wait for the later induction from the veteran’s group.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Thanks for the reminder. I just voted for Keith Hernandez.

Viewing 5 posts - 351 through 355 (of 355 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years