The Cardinal Nation’s Top 50 Prospects for 2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum The Cardinal Nation’s Top 50 Prospects for 2022

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    lrcardinal
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I would’ve liked to have seen the Rookie Advanced League at least stay around. However, GSCOTTAR, I do agree, the impact of 2020 is still being felt.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

While I agree that the impact of 2020 is lingering, I have yet to see any data that would explain why the Cardinals were hit any harder than any other organization.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It seems like it will be hard to justify giving game reps to Perez instead of somebody else next year. Its hard to pull the plug on a first rounder, but it is time.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think a lesson the Cardinals org learned last season is that, if a pitcher walks too many, whatever else he can do doesn’t matter. Hopefully Prater can get that fixed.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for giving us legit content these days Brian. I have stopped clicking on the click bait headlines posted by other Cardinals oriented sites. I know they are struggling because there is nothing going on to write about, but it is really annoying reading about why we should or shouldn’t go for anyone and everyone out there. We can all daydream after all.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Glad you are enjoying them.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quite the difference between BW and the community on Robertson. I would guess that Jake Tweedie would probably also have him lower as well.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah I was shocked that the community had Robertson so low. I had him somewhere around #30 on my original personal list, which got modified as we went on.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I personally don’t think he has much upside, which is why I had him behind a lot of others. I hope I’m wrong, but he was low on my personal list. The guys who get by in the majors with no power and middling defense are few and far between.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if it is still accurate to say the pyramid narrows at the upper levels.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Redmond 32nd round, wow. We’ve had a few 30+ rounders make it. Keith Hernandez, Bake McBride. Darryl Kile, but we didn’t draft him. There have been some others around MLB. Mike Piazza comes to mind. Its not impossible. K rate is ugly.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lefty who throws strikes and lets them hit ground balls at our GG infield. Sweet. Thomas is exactly the type we need in the STL rotation, so I hope he gains experience in the AAA rotation in 2022 and is ready for call up when attrition happens. Maybe the next John Tudor but without BoSox stench. Keep fingers crossed. And toes.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner has to be seeing some handwriting on the wall about now. It seems like his time to make an impact is going to have to be 2022. Defensively limited catchers have to really hit well to stick in the league, and he has not hit nearly as well as we all hoped.

Sanchez seems like the clear best option for a backup right now. Hopefully the bat comes along a little and he can be a good complement to Herrera.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t see Robertson much as a prospect. At 27, he likely peaked in 2021 due to his experience. In 2022, with additions of prospects like Perez, Donovan, and Baker and the return of Gorman, and Yepez, the ABs may be scarce. Unless Gorman, and/or Yepez make the Cards out of spring training, that woukd seem to push Robertson to the bench.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Interesting take, C27. Made me think. So let’s have a bit of a philosophical discussion, fplks. Should every player who is expected to reach the majors be a prospect?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years