The Cardinal Nation’s Top 50 Prospects for 2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum The Cardinal Nation’s Top 50 Prospects for 2022

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Last year there was some speculation here on the board about who might be a breakout in 2021 amongst the minor leaguers. I named Nootbaar and wish I could find the thread so I could gloat and claim moral superiority.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

click on your ID name
    click on replies created
    type Nootbaar in the search bar and click search
    You’ll see every reply where you typed his name

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks, it was TCN 2021 Top 50 Countdown thread. Posted 1-31-21. “I didn’t see a place to discuss these articles on the members forum, so I will just say I don’t buy the Aussie catcher thing. My sleeper is Lars Nootbaar.” Send all autograph requests c/o Brian, he will forward them.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now get a roll of bubble wrap and make a coons skin cap out of it. Those 3′-0″ doors may be a bit tight now!
    😉

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lars was also our #52 prospect last year and was profiled in our Best of the Rest article.

2021 St. Louis Cardinals Prospects – Best of the Rest

bccran
    Participant

Nootbaar rated higher than Baez?
    Hmmmm.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am guessing you didn’t participate in our annual community prospect voting for 2022. Too bad as it is a good process to share information and points of view. Our forum members put Lars #8 and Baez #12. (The ranking thread is pinned to the top of this board.)

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lets he’s not a one year wonder.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Keith Law has Baez at #9 and Burleson at #14.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

And BP has Burleson ahead of Baez. Different folks have different opinions, which is especially understandable when comparing a Triple-A player with a teen who has limited backfield experience in Rookie ball.

bccran
    Participant

True, and MLB.com has Baez as #5 and Burleson #11.

Sure hope Baez isn’t another Fletcher. But I don’t think he is.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After Baez got drafted he was interviewed and asked who he
    would compare himself to. His answer was Mike Trout. After I heard that, I pretty much wrote him off as a blowhard with an inflated ego. I hope I’m wrong.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McGreevy’s control does remind of Waino, who did allow a lot of hits despite few walks, even in his prime. Hopefully he picks up a little velocity and grows into at least a #2/3.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Community had Thompson ahead of McGreevy and I see Brian will too. That guy really took a beating last year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Choose your poison. McGreevy was scored upon in six of seven outings that averaged just over an inning each and had an ERA of 9.39.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It will be very interesting to watch them both this year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had Thompson number 17 in my personal rankings. He was completely overmatched in 2021 although I blame the organization for placing him in Memphis instead of Springfield. Hopefully 2022 is better.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Many differences of opinion. Thompson fell out of BA’s top 10 Cardinals, but is no. 6 on Law’s new list.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I kind of wonder if necessity will cause Thompson to get called up without having a been notably competitive in the upper levels, along the lines of Oviedo. Anything like the pitching attrition we have seen will end there, assuming he remains healthy. I was impressed with his ability to answer the bell in Arizona and do well. Optimistically, I hope he turns into the kind of work-a-day starter that takes a load off the rest of the staff. Raking the coals late to fill that role is something I hope we don’t see again this year. Assuming there is a this year. I am good with ranking Thompson ahead of McGreevy, he paid on the mound while McGreevy was coddled.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It isn’t official yet but it sure looks like we have a good opportunity to win the Matt Adams trade. Sometimes it takes a few years to determine those things.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the DH comes in, I bet we have the cheapest DH in the NL. Tied for cheapest at least.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years