The Cardinal Nation’s Top 50 Prospects for 2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum The Cardinal Nation’s Top 50 Prospects for 2022

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Brian should not under estimate how much we value his work and insights. I, too have been feeling a little twitchy checking the website for his next revelation. It is one of my few baseball joys right now.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thank you for the kind words, Nigel.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Prospect rankings for guys the community has voted for (community rank):

47. Freddy Pacheco (23rd)
    46. Jeremy Rivas (35th)
    44. Edwin Nunez (30th)
    41. Jack Ralston (31st)
    38. Conner Capel (33rd)

We should start seeing a lot more crossover soon.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like Capel and think he will be a 4th OF in MLB, but as Brian pointed out, he has Nootbaar and Burleson ahead of him so it may be with a different organization eventually.

bccran
    Participant

Totally agree, Nigel. Brian’s the Cardinals minor league guru. No one is even close.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Capel will be a AAAA guy. I hope he is more obviously.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dionys Rodriguez could move the most in our prospect rankings next year. I had him 28th on my list this year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Willis doesn’t seem to have that over the top down hill delivery that I like to see from a tall righty. He will make for a good illustration of how an 18 year old’s pro career progresses with the new system configuration. JC would have been the next stop. I guess with the next level now being also there at Roger Dean maybe he can sort of ease into it or something.

14NyquisT
    Participant

The Community is a bit more optimistic on him>>>>>> #20

From MLB.com
    Each team’s youngest top pitching prospect

Cardinals: Alec Willis, RHP (18 years old) (No. 22)
    Ulnar nerve decompression surgery from 2020 delayed Willis’ ability to pop up on radars, but he did so enough this spring to get a $1 million signing bonus from St. Louis as a seventh-round pick. Standing at 6-foot-5, the 18-year-old right-hander has plenty of projection remaining and could show more velocity than his present 90-94 mph heaters in time. His curveball and changeup are decent enough secondaries as well. Willis just needs more opportunities to pitch and allow the stuff to tick up with experience.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I think that I got that same surgery, leaving me with a nice little scar on my elbow to boot…it takes months before one is back to normal afterwards…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Christopher Jeske
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, do you remember taking that photo of Fletcher? It appears he is swinging left handed. Do you know if it was just a moment in his warm up routine or if he was actually taking hacks as a lefty?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The photo is from 2020 instructs. I believe he was taking practice swings. I’ve seen others do it from both sides as part of their readiness ritual.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are 767,000 reasons why the 17 year old kid makes the list. Coming up with 767,001 reasons is a stretch, but I hope he pans out.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Man, that Fletcher article was brutal to read. Not a positive sign at all.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It still makes no sense that they’ve gotten rid of the Rookie Advanced and Short-Season Class A leagues. This only hurts teams like St. Louis, who have great track records with development in those leagues.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Poor foresight and $$$.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Personally I think having seven farm teams is enough for development but we are still feeling the impact of missing the entire 2020 season. That was brutal, not only because of a lack of playing time, but also their minor league service time clock kept on ticking so now the organization is pressured to rush players before their rule 5 time is up.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.