StL 2019 NLDS Game 5 thread: Wed 10/9 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLDS Game 5 thread: Wed 10/9 at Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

GACard, I think that is what Shildt is thinking. I would think he gets Jack thru six. He leaves the final nine outs to the bull pen.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’m getting into the conversation late, but have watched it all so far. Any one else thinking they should have pulled JF after an inning or two so he could at least pitch in game 2 and 6?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It would only be fitting if Helsley gets to finish them off.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was a little harsh…..Shildt is our guy.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, I was thinking the exact same thing earlier!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Win the game today and do not get cute was the best call. 6 innings from Flaherty.

David
    Participant

Free

CardsFanInChiTown: I don’t think Shildt should have pulled him that early but I was surprised he didn’t pinch hit for him in the 2nd. I still would pitch him regardless in Game 3and 7 if necessary because it would be on normal rest. Not sure if Flare has ever pitched on 3 days rest but I wouldn’t experiment now.

David
    Participant

Free

I meant the 6th not 2nd

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great outing for Jack in a big game. Need the bull pen to shut them down.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Six outs to go!

David
    Participant

Free

6 more outs
    Honestly I don’t care who we face in the lcs. I feel we can beat either of those teams. I would lean towards facing the Nats only because we’d have game 7 at home but as the Cardinals have proven today, playing a winner take all in a deciding game on the road sometimes works out pretty good for the road team.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I like schildt saving the pen just looked like it made sense at the time to pinch hit. Looking back just go with your gut with the lead. He’s been throwing 110 most outings so why mess with it

I hate to root for a team to play, but I want to favor nats so cards get home field advantage. Especially with waino in game 1 or 2 looking likely

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Shildt has had a great 7 innings thus far. Let’s hope for two more. Admittedly, I would’ve probably had a different lineup (the one he went to in the bottom of the 1st) or at least a different batting order.

Also, I 100% agree with letting Jack get his full number of pitches. Messing with pitchers on the fly regarding their days rest, off-day routines, rotation order, etc., is dicey business. Having Jack as starter for Games 3 and 7 in the NLCS might even be optimal.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

It would only be fitting if Helsley gets to finish them off.

I don’t think Shildt touches him with a 12 run lead. Seems like it would be Genesis Cabrera territory. We shall see! I wouldn’t mind it. lol

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Fowler should’ve caught that.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well … three outs to go!

David
    Participant

Free

3 more outs

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabrera finishes it off! Looking forward to Friday! Go Cards!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a winner!!! On to the NLCS!!!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wow, unbelievable. The game was over 20 minutes into it. Our offense is freaky. We always go through 2-4 games where we can’t do anything, then will explode for double digits.

I thought this would happen in game six, but we waited a game. Folty’s lack of control helped though.

On the the LCS!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I haven’t sweat this much in ages. The wifey and I just finished a 2 mile jog. She and the dog did the jogging and me the walking….but it still almost killed me. A lot of players get game balls here…..and also one old pal of the great Whitey Herzog……take a bow, Rat.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Congratulations to our Cardinals Team on the Win! YOWZA YOWZA YOWZA!!! Just about everybody hit today. Contributions everywhere. Great pitching and Defense too. Great to be firing on all cylinders. Rest up and we’ll get to play some more great baseball this weekend. Go Cardinals!

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I want to play at home…Go Nationals.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Wow, unbelievable. The game was over 20 minutes into it. Our offense is freaky. We always go through 2-4 games where we can’t do anything, then will explode for double digits.

It’s a concern for sure. They have a game like this and the bats are MIA for 5 days. Can’t afford for that to happen. We’ve seen in this series how important it is for us to get on the board more than 4 times a game.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I did some jogging tonight too after the game. I didn’t do two miles though. Walking or running. But I was huffing and puffing when I was done. Then I had to let Whitey Herdog outside so she could run around a little bit.

Now after hitting the showers after the Redbirds win, then watching Ball State hit a two run homer in the 1st off of Strasburg to put the Doyers up 2-0, I am getting hungry. I don’t know why, but I have a craving for biscuits & gravy. I might just make some sausage gravy. I don’t have any biscuits so a piece of bread will have to do.

And I am going to the Gun Club tomorrow and get some shooting practice in with the Walther PPK.

r/Esteemed Rat

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.