StL 2019 NLDS Game 5 thread: Wed 10/9 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLDS Game 5 thread: Wed 10/9 at Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Atlanta couldn’t make history and come back and win this one – Could they?????

Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack looks to be settling in!

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Jack Flaherty is good!

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

I like that we stayed aggressive after that first and didn’t have the mentality of 10 should be good enough. And Flare 13-0 or 1-0., he still pitches the same.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I hope Jack won’t be expecting this kind of run support all of the time now. We are not the ’27 Yanks.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

I want 16 to set the record in a winner take all playoff game, given the Braves have the record vs Cards.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Casey Kassem had never seen this many hits in one day.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Drum roll for Pugsley

Participant

Free

well I got home from work and we were already up 2-0. I couldn’t believe it. then we piled on. of course we usually do pretty good when we get a lot of walks and a few misplays but not this good. was concerned Flaherty might let his guard down but hes been solid after the first inning. I like seeing wong getting it going, got his timing back now. I say we keep hitting, I remember that shellacking the braves put on us when we had blown a 3-1 series lead in 96. also Flaherty isn’t going to pitch til game 3 so might as well let him get his work in and go 6 or 7 innings.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Drum roll for Pugsley.

Funny Colhusker! I kid you not, just as I was reading your post, I was taking my first bite off a chicken drum stick. Great call!

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

22 runs of run support in deciding games with Flare pitching. Had we even scored that many total runs in his other 2nd half starts combined?

Participant

Free

I just don’t want us to use up all of our runs in this round when we’ll need them going forward…and hush Rats, don’t jinx it…

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

Hasn’t been many times where Flare has given up a run when it’s not the tying run or go ahead run. Let’s get that run back and some more.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I better not see Jack in the 6th….or I’ll be jacked!

Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s been real……. I think I can spend a little quality time with the wifey with this “W” being in the bank and drawing interest. Have a grandiose night, gentlemen.

Participant

Free

Wasn’t it against the Braves that Ankiel had his big playoff meltdown?

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yes BrockLou, against the Braves in Game One of the NLDS. Will Clark walked in to talk to him and told him that wasn’t one of those “Pitch-Back” spring/netting things back there.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Free

I know this is dramatic but need an out here

Participant

Free

90 pitches probably enough today, though he would be ok with one more and I would too.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

Flare is due up 2nd in the 5th, I wouldn’t be surprised if he is pinch hit for and then our bullpen will be asked to hold a 12 run lead with 12 outs to go.

Participant

Free

Well it’s WAYYY past my bedtime (1:12 a.m.). I think I can leave this one safely in the hands of prognosticator Rat.

Participant

Free

Don’t know why flaherty is out there for another half inning especially when there was an opportunity to pinch hit

Flip side, hopefully a clean inning and three fewer outs the bullpen needs to get

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bonne Nuit!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Had to weigh in one more time….last time I promise. Hard to get edgy with a 12 run lead, but what in heck is Shildt doing sending our Ace back out in the 6th??? That’s one ignorant move. If Flaherty gets hurt, he should be fired 2 minutes after our last game of 2019.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

It feels like the Cardinals are just kind of playing this one out now. A little surprised that Flare batted there esp with what took place in the bottom of the 5th

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years