StL 2019 NLDS Game 5 thread: Wed 10/9 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLDS Game 5 thread: Wed 10/9 at Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 202 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Most betting lines have the under/over at 7 1/2 and the Braves a slight favorite to win the game. Perhaps the thinking is that ATL gets to our BP late for some runs.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

If that’s the odds makers thinking, then Flaherty CG will take care of that.

Participant

Free

A day game, Flaherty and a great win last time out. What could be better? Looks like this will be a tossup by the exspurts.
    I’m definitely for our Cardinals to win. Thats if I can see through all the razzle-dazzle thrown up by our last win! They know what to do, focus on playing. Folty again and if I remember right he shut us down last time with breaking sliders and curves. Being a fastball hitting team thats not so good for us. We will need to get some guys on and see if we cab rattle his cage. Hes really young so I’m wondering about taping a game boy or pokeman stickers on our batting helmets. So lets play a good steady game and Go Cardinals!

Participant

Free

Let’s just hope that Goldy and Ozuna have not cooled during the day off and that our young speedsters can get on base a couple of times each while Jack mows them down.
    Rah Cardinals!

Participant

Free

Folty looked good in his last outing against the Cards but don’t forget that he has a 1-3 record against ST Louis and I do recall a couple of those losses when he did not look very good at all. But the offense has to come alive today. I am sure they can beat that beautiful 9-0 beat down they gave the Cubs on the last day of the season. Ignore the tomahawks and war chants and give them old Redbird song that says – YOU LOSE.

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

I’m surprised that some of these odds makers have the Braves as a slight favor. If anything I would think it would be even odds. Honestly I think the deciding factor is that it’s played in Atlanta. If it were in Stlouis, the Cards would be favor. I just wonder how many of these so called experts who are picking the Braves also picked both #1 seeds to go to a deciding game?

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

I’m sure both pitchers are nervous but Flare just has calm, cool demeanor about him and he doesn’t worry about run support because he can’t control where as I think Foltynewicz will be pitching a little tighter especially as the game goes on and perhaps make a mistake. Our job is to capitalize on those mistakes and take advantage of scoring oppt by just doing the basics. Put the ball in play, smart base running, solid D, limit the strike outs

Participant

Paid - Monthly

It doesn’t matter what the oddsmakers say…Pete Rose is not involved.

Carter Le GrandCarter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Pugsnacious: The law of averages dictates that one game very soon our Cardinals are going to bust loose in support of this fine young hurler and get him 2……maybe even 3 runs. I’d love to see this happen tomorrow

I wonder how Gibson’s lack of support in ’68 compares to Jack’s? I’m thinking Bob had it worse (not sure)

Participant

Free

Dave: I just wonder how many of these so called experts who are picking the Braves also picked both #1 seeds to go to a deciding game?

They really got it wrong yesterday. Astros were big faves and today they’re even bigger faves. The Cards are 7 and 3 in our last 10 road games, but that’s apparently no factor in the expert minds.

Participant

Paid - Annual

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Win, lose, or draw I think 2019 has turned out a little better than what most were hoping for. You posters agree or disagree?

I sort of figured the Brewers and Cubs would both win around 95 games and fight it out for the division title. I was just hoping the Redbirds could win around 90 and challenge for a wild card spot. And here we are, division champs and in a deciding game of the NLDS.

r/Esteemed Rat

Participant

Free

I’m with Rat!

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

I agree with Rat.
    After May and June, the struggles of Carp all season and DeJong in the 2nd half, losing our closer for the majority of the season, but despite it all we hung in there and battled our way to a division title and now find ourselves 1 game away from the NLCS, so whatever is in the Cards for today,,, I am proud of every single one of them and no matter if there next game is in Los Angeles, St, Louis, or Jupiter, I will be cheering them on.
    Go Cardinals!

DaveDave
    Participant

Free

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if we and the bats both win; game 1 would open in Stlouis because I believe Division title trumps better record if that better record is a wildcard winner

Participant

Free

I agree. It had weird high highs and weirdly low lows but turned out a success

I always kind of second guessed our team when I read the batting averages and OPS’s in the box score every night, but we found ways to win

It was really nice to see the team playing playoff baseball. Got butterflies in the stomach for today and haven’t had that in a while

Participant

Paid - Annual

Like the rest of you, I’m with Rat too.
    On the heels of a UCONN administered scolding, Rat appears to be a new man today. I must admit that I could use a change of attitute myself……it might not be all that bad for me if I triggered UCONN’s angst too…..or maybe not…..looks like we are ready for the first pitch.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Get him in now!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep….division title reigns, Dave.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Swanson probably saved the run from scoring and puts the DP in play.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna drives in lead run! Nice to see him take the ball to right!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Base hit Marcell and the Birds float out to the early 1-0 advantage!….

Participant

Paid - Annual

Bags full of Birds! Just 1 out for Carp

Participant

Paid - Annual

Can Carp come thru?

Draws the walk!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Avatar1964cards.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp walks and it’s 2-0! And looking for more with only 1 down.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 202 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years