StL 2019 NLCS Game 3 thread: Mon 10/13 at Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 3 thread: Mon 10/13 at Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Time 6:38 CT, Jack Flaherty vs. Stephen Strasburg, TBS // ESPN Radio // KMOX

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

If Shildt doesn’t change the lineup it won’t matter how great Jacko pitches. I know, it’s like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but some folks have to sit and some have to play. Sit Carp and Fowler. Play JMart and Bader. Oh, how I wish Munoz could carry DeJong’s water.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

It won’t make any difference as the whole team minus couple don’t know how to shorten up with 2 strikes or go oppo.

2 guys hitting that under performed all year is a cruel irony. Fowler, Bader,Carp and DeJong can’t hit a lick. Molina’s wrists/hands are probably sore as hell as he can’t even hit the ball out of the infield but Shildt don’t got
    the balls to sit him

We have no shot, period.

TheCounsellor
    Participant

Free

What I’ve noticed is that no one seems to talking to each other. This a slump that needs leadership. Are there even any signs being given? Did anyone think about a drag bunt by Wong when we were down one with a man in third on Friday? Are the players just left on their own to figure out situations? Dies the 3rd base coach have any insight? The team needs something more than a lineup change (which they need). “Make contact.” “Watch the slider.” “Get the runner over.” How about, “Swing at strikes”. Maybe it’s going on the clubhouse but I’m not seeing anything in the field or dugout.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader would be cannon fodder to Strassburg’s breaking pitches. I can see sitting Carp and risk JMart’s defense in right field. The offense is a major piece to fix next year but these first two games are similar to what has happened all season. You don’t suddenly overhaul a team that has made it to the National League Championship Finals.

However, the last two games are the worst offense we have had all year. Very few hard hit balls.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

We alreadt risking defense in CF with slacker Fowler out there and he isn’t hitting at all might as well go better D at this point

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s time to bench Carp and FOwler. I would plug in Arozarena and JMart, with Edman playing third. JMart’s defenxe is always shaky, but he been one of few who has consistently hit the ball hard.

1982 willie
    Participant

I don’t see shildt making any changes. he wasn’t interested in talking about the lineup today but did mention loyalty. I understand loyalty but as manager, its his job to make tough decisions. loyalty goes to everyone on the team. bader has sat, so nobody else is above sitting. I agree with some, jmart might give us a spark. doesn’t mean we cant make late game substitutions for defense. plus I wouldn’t mind bader getting another shot. getting some better defense out there might help. I know at least a couple of balls he would have gotten quicker too even if he didn’t catch them which can make a difference. plus if you do go jmart, maybe bader can minimize his bad defense at least in the gaps.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

It sounds like Shildt is using that one game in Atlanta as being the norm for the Cardinals when addressing the question of lineup. Actually, the last two games performance is more indicative of how the team performed during the season – low to no offense for extended periods.

If there is no major lineup change today, I will be expecting the same results as in game one or two. The opposition pitching does not get any easier but neither will ours. I don’t think Jacko can overcome zero or one hit backup.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I sure hope the lineup changes. To expect different results from the same lineup is crazy. Benching non productive players is tough, but it must be done.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’m with Cardinals27 100%. With the way this team is performing… all bets are off. Winning trumps loyalty at this point. At least show that you are TRYING to get this team moving. Start JMartinez. Start Arozarena. Really, what have we to lose.

Right now, I have very little confidence in Carpenter, Fowler, Bader and DeJong. We need DeJong at SS, the others can sit. Having four pitchers batting is a terrible disadvantage.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Someone tell Mozeliak to stop with the bs. Its just flat out a stab at an excuse to try a different approach.

No matter what happens from here on out, the Cards made it this far and that you can’t take away.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Hey, last call to vote in the top-50 prospect poll.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I don’t want to go through the entire off-season with thoughts of Game 1 and Game 2 as a basis for the full season and this team going forward.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Needless to say, tonight’s game is a must – MUST – win.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Needless to say I am a Cardinals fan until my dying day. But this team seems to be trying really hard to push that day closer than necessary.
    I agree with those who are pushing for Shildt to sit some non-hitters and try something different.
    Rah Cardinals!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PadsFS
    Participant

Horrible defense in the outfield. At least Flaherty is a groundball pitcher….oh wait, that’s Hudson. If we do win, he’ll probably go with Carpenter and Bader with Hudson on the mound haha.

PadsFS
    Participant

Hopefully, captain jack gives the nats a dose of their own medicine tonight.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Do or dead tonight.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I applaud Shildt for shaking it up. He needed to make some adjustment in the line up and approach. I believe the team made a change in approach for game five in Atlanta.

It would be very helpful if they could jump out to an early lead tonight. They should not be afraid to play small ball and try to manufacture a run or two. They need to find a way to put pressure on the defense.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, everyone, whats for vittles tonight? I am having chili, some bacon, and a chocolate shake. But first, through the early innings, it will be a 7×50 Palma Real cigar. Then vittles. Then another cigar to cap off a 5-1 St. Louis victory.

r/Esteemed Rat

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Baked Bison, Steamed broccoli and black rice washed down with whole milk.

No cigar

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.