StL 2019 NLCS Game 3 thread: Mon 10/13 at Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 3 thread: Mon 10/13 at Nats

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Free

well texascard, im a glutton for punishment I guess. ive just watched our manager leave brebbia who was horrible last inning to go back out there and be horrible again. brebbia had a great year but he was the oppo of that tonight. but im a cards fan for life not just this season. trying to stay with it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Two men on, no one out. Get some runs here.

Participant

Free

well kind of makes you wonder why jmart wasn’t in there the first game. the same guys that have been horrible were horrible before and jmart has been hitting in his opportunities hes been given.

Participant

Free

does edman have another big hit in him

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’s rough willie, you’re taking one for the team! I decided to change channels and watch the Packers. If Shildt thinks he was drawing criticism from the press prior to this game, he’s going to love it afterwards. If Fowler is leading off again tomorrow, I’m not going to bother with it.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Delong comes thru and Redbirds are able to score a run! Finally!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Avatar1964cards.
    Participant

Free

our first run, it feels numb.

Participant

Free

Wieters in to pinch hit

Participant

Free

well eurodandy, I know what you mean. I don’t want to see fowler in a cardinal lineup ever again.

Participant

Free

well fowler you gave it your best. 3 strikeouts and a fly out. schildt should be proud.

Participant

Free

2 cardinals in base and 2 consecutive strikeouts, sound familiar…

Participant

Free

Man we really need some hitters next year

Participant

Free

well its finally over. 16 strikeouts. just horrible. lots of them by people making lots of money to hit a ball. strasburgh pitched great but its just so hard to tell how much is the pitcher and how much is the hitters. ill root for them tomorrow but to tell you the truth id rather the cardinals lose and let the nationals have their party at home than win and go back and lose there.

Participant

Free

Well we got 7 hits tonight. Guys on base not brought in. Same theme as all year, lack of rbi’s. So we all know about that. Because we don’t talk about it, its not gonna go away. Teams done great to get this far. 4 must wins to go to advance. So we can only play the best we can. Go Cardinals!

Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know who’s had the worse week ….the Cards or the Kurds? The Kurds at least have the Russians coming to their aid, while we have nobody. This series is NOT over yet. We clipped the cubbies 4 straight not that long ago. Anyone know the last team to come back from 3-0 in post season play?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Boston Red Sox in 2004. I believe this is the only time this has been accomplished in MLB history. So it has been done.

Participant

Free

I like your spirit Wooster. an di do agree, we have been offensively challenged all year and we should be proud we got this far, farther than I believed we would get a few months ago. its kind of funny im watching the guys on the cardinals post game talk about if shildt will stay with tonights lineup or change it. dan wants to take fowler out or move him down if not out, jim and al both say shildt is gonna stay the same no changes from tonight. they aren’t saying its what they would do but what shildt is gonna do. I think he will stay with this lineup as is as well. shildt is good for standing there watching the guys struggle to even look like a hitter and acting perplexed to why when a lot of these guys have been struggling even going well back into the end of the season. just remember it took some help from Colorado for us to even get to this spot. it wasn’t our pitchers then, it was our hitters and its our hitters now. id rather our manager try to make some things happen rather than sit around and hope things change.

Participant

Pugsley:

Two things:
    1. It IS over.
    2. The Red Sox came back from a 3-0 deficit. The difference being the Red Sox were actually a good team. The Cardinals are not.

Participant

Free

Another dreary wake up.

1. It’s gray and rainy.
    2. The Cardinals lost, again.
    3. It must have been the enchiladas and beans.

Participant

Free

The cards showing everybody they don’t belong here at all. Just an embarrassing no show by the cards! This is just not that good of a team at all.

Participant

Free

well texascard, im a glutton for punishment I guess. ive just watched our manager leave brebbia who was horrible last inning to go back out there and be horrible again. brebbia had a great year but he was the oppo of that tonight. but im a cards fan for life not just this season. trying to stay with it.

Since this post references me I’ll respond to it. I have been a faithful fan of the St. Louis Cardinals franchise for 50 years. Not as long as some others but still a very long time. So I’d say I’m a lifer, “not just this season”. Bottomline this team is soft, but as far as the ownership, front office, some of the players, and some of the fans this season was mission accomplished. They ended the playoff absence at three seasons and that is good enough for them. But to me while it was good to make it back to the post season the way it finished is embarrassing and unacceptable. This team was exposed for the fraud they are and if anything making the playoff may have actually set them back. I’m not sure they do anything this offseason to try to improve further so they are competitive in this portion of the playoffs. Frankly, I think we all know they got very lucky in the Atlanta series and probably were fortunate to have won the division in the first place. But as for my fanhood, I’m on solid ground. But I won’t waste my time watching any more of this debacle on display in this series.

Participant

Free

<stlcard25 wrote:

Soto is a punk. Plain and simple.>

He is going to get his share of bean balls until he gets his attitude straight. Most will be aimed at his head.

A little kid came up to me in a restaurant yesterday, looked at my STL cap and said “The Cards stink.” I said “You are right” and gave him the cap. He gave it right back and left.

Speaking of caps, was the cap they wore last night something new. I thought I had all the different models but don’t have that one.

It’s time they start talking about their off season plans because it starts Wednesday.

Ozuna’s bobble was not an error? It cost Jack 18 extra pitches and at least two runs. It was the first time all season that I have seen him slide for a ball.

TBS makes me want to puke. It got to the point where I muted the ignorant arses.

Participant

Free

<TexasCard wrote: This team was exposed for the fraud they are>

Not really. They won their division by taking down the mighty Cubs and holding off the Brewers. They won the Division playoff series by beating a darn good Atlanta team and they are losing badly to a team that they beat 5 of 7 meetings this season including two wins in September where they beat both Scherzer and Strasburg. Hardly a fraud but just one sorely disappointed fan. I always thought a fan was a ‘fanatic’ or one who supported their team through thick and thin, win, lose, or draw. But you say you refuse to watch any more. Hopefully that doesn’t mark you as a ‘fair weather fan.’

I predicted they would not make the playoffs and that was in June. So I ate some crow and was happy to do so. For me, this team OVER ACHIEVED what I expected of it and I will still be a fan and looking forward to next season. Eventually, that is what 29 other teams will be doing. Too bad, the two best teams in baseball of the moment cannot play for the title but both are in the American League.

As fans, we can argue all off season what needs to be done. But as is true with all fans, they have no actual control over what happens. They can only hope. I hope the Cardinals can scratch out a win today if only to avoid the sweep. Those two near no-hitters were scary enough and the team could have been much more embarrassed if they got no-hit twice so we do have something to be thankful for.

We have some weak links on the team but we don’t have any Acunas or Sotos to deal with – jerks with big heads and fat wallets. Albies and Robles should teach them some humility lessons.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by AvatarMinuteman3.
    Participant

Free

Minuteman3

I predicted they would not make the playoffs and that was in June. So I ate some crow and was happy to do so. For me, this team OVER ACHIEVED what I expected of it and I will still be a fan and looking forward to next season. Eventually, that is what 29 other teams will be doing. Too bad, the two best teams in baseball of the moment cannot play for the title but both are in the American League.

Exactly this. It may be the worst 3 game stretch of the season from a ‘get your hopes up’ perspective, but we are in the NLCS and only one other team in the NL is going forward.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards have had a good season. Not a great one, and I’d argue an underachieving one…but a good season. It would stink to get swept out but sometimes you go cold at the wrong time. Given the way things looked at the All Star break, I think most of us would have taken an NLCS berth happily. It is frustrating to watch the team not show up though.

One of the things that always gets me is a manager going to a player to ask if he thinks he should be taken out of the lineup. Of course the guy is going to say no! Professional athletes are arrogant by nature (not that this is always a bad thing) and think they are one minor thing from catching fire again. Anyone can see that Dexter is shot. Shildt should have stepped up, talked to Dexter and said that he’s either benched or moving down to 7th/8th. I hope the Buddy System goes away here soon and our manager starts making tough decisions in key spots with his veterans.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinalsā„¢ and their minor league system for 20 years