StL 2019 NLCS Game 3 thread: Mon 10/13 at Nats

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLCS Game 3 thread: Mon 10/13 at Nats

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Baby steps. We have now scored a run in consecutive games. Not only is offensive momentum building, but our Birds also have the law of averages on their side. I have little doubt that we will score at least 5 runs tonight. And speaking of “Baby Steps”, that is the title of without doubt, the best mental health book ever written. It’s worked miracles for me. I include it’s author, the esteemed Dr. Leo Marvin, in my nightly prayers. Go Birds!

Participant

Free

Texas Card ……..well said and sadly honest about the organization. Get ready for annual Mo tweak.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with your thoughts stl25. This season has been a success overall. If anyone had told us in the middle of the year we would be NLC champs and playing in the NLCS 99% of us would have been thrilled to take it. Of course it would be nice to at least put up a fight against the Nationals. The last three games have been rather embarrassing from an offensive point of view.

This has been an overachieving team that has won with pitching and defense. Nothing wrong with that but to advance all the way you do have to have more offense.

Like I have said many times before I am just not seeing any easy way out of this offensive funk the next couple of years UNLESS:

1. We get rebound seasons from guys like Carp, DeJong, Fowler, Bader, and even Goldy.

2. The front office gets creative and finds takers for Carp and Fowler.

3. Ownership sanctions a big increase in payroll so we can try to mask over our problems with spending like the Cubs and Red Sox have tried to do.

What are the odds any of those three will happen? I would say very low.

Participant

Free

Baby Steps helped Bob but sure didn’t do Dr. Leo any good.

Participant

Its so apparent in so many ways that it would have been better for the organization along with its fans had the Cards lost the Braves series. We’d all be feeling better today.

From the glass is half full department: we just ran into some great pitching.

Participant

Paid - Annual

“Baby Steps” helped Bob, but sure didn’t do Dr. Leo any good.

Coolio! I didn’t know Dr. Marvin turned Gibby around, CardinalinFrance. Dr. Marvin’s psychology obviously worked miracles with enabling Gibby to strike out tons of batters. Maybe the good Dr. could use reverse psychology on all of our hitters, so they stop striking out at such an epic rate?

Viewing 6 posts - 101 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years