StL 2019 NLDS Game 1 thread: Thu 10/3 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 NLDS Game 1 thread: Thu 10/3 at Braves

Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 260 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

I am not going to apologize for being upset about that.

I was fuming… beginning with the lead-off walk in the ninth. With a full count, ball 4 was no where near the plate. It got worse, much worse from there.

Those fans waiting to watch the Nats-Dodgers game got to see our closer almost blow the whole thing up.

LouBrockFan
    Participant

Free

Re: braves homer announcers

You do know who Ernie Johnson’s father was?

Johnson was a longtime color commentator and play-by-play broadcaster on Braves radio and television, working from 1962 to 1999.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

“He has never lived up to his hype and expectations. As far as I am concerned you can package BOTH BOZO MARTINEZ’S AND TRADE THEM FOR A SACK OF POTATOES. I DONT CARE WHETHER THEY ARE IDAHO POTATOES OR NOT EITHER!!!

Am I making myself clear???”

r/Esteemed Rat

Yes you are, but I suggest you double up on your meds ’till season’s end

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Carlos as 24 saves and only 3 blown saves. The only Blown save since the all-star break, he lost 2-1 to the Dodgers. While we were making our run, he had no other blown saves.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos as 24 saves and only 3 blown saves. The only Blown save since the all-star break, he lost 2-1 to the Dodgers. While we were making our run, he had no other blown saves.

Yes the stats say that Carlos is a good closer but if you had to sit and watch all of those 24 saves you would go financially bankrupt because of the massive spending on ulcer medication.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha, Gscottar…he has made things interesting, hasn’t he? I think he’d be a bit less scary as a starter and I think that’s where he’ll be next year. For now, he does the job even if he causes a lot of gray hairs.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Johnson was a longtime color commentator and play-by-play broadcaster on Braves radio and television, working from 1962 to 1999.

He also was a relief pitcher for the Milwaukee Braves. I think he was part of those great late-1950s Braves teams that won a couple of pennants and a World Championship. Red was on those teams as well, and is given a lot of credit for being the spark that put the 1957 team over the top when he was acquired mid-season from the New York Giants.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Brian wrote: Goldschmidt’s defense may be the most underappreciated part of that win.>

Goldys defense is the most underappreciated part of a lot of wins. Carp/JMart/Adams were never as good as Goldy is at 1B. His ability to scoop, stretch and snag hard hit balls and throws makes him a Gold Glover in my book. Where is the competition for GG at 1B?

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Happy for the W. Hope somehow we give Jack some run support.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

“Blown saves” is a terrible indicator/stat. And it works both ways — sometimes a reliever gets a BS when put in a no-win situation and other times a reliever gets a save when they were terrible. FWIW, CMart was not in a save situation this game. He was awarded the win — another worthless indicator in this situation.

Viewing 10 posts - 251 through 260 (of 260 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.