StL 2019 Games 60/135 thread: Sat 8/31 vs. Reds (DH)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Games 60/135 thread: Sat 8/31 vs. Reds (DH)

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we can just win tonight. And a note to Schildt. With runners at 2nd and 3rd and no one out, please don’t pinch hit with a player who strikes out a lot. Now, if we were behind, by all means send O’Neill up.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As a statistical side note we have allowed 260 runs less than the Rockies. Roughly 2 runs per game. Wow

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have to give Shildt credit for his management of the bullpen this season. But I would probably not sent Hudson back out in the 8th although he almost got away with it as Hudson retired the first two hitters. I’m sure he was trying to save the pen. Then I would have pulled him after he walked Votto. Now our pen goes into the nightcap a little used.

Gallego may be getting worn down. Doesn’t look nearly as sharp as when he was going good.

Tonight’s game looks a little rough. They have one of their best going against one of our worst.

Also I would have used Martinez as a pinch hitter rather than O’Neill. But Shildt may have been giving him a shot at some playing time in right field. O’Neill didn’t step up but Wong did.

We are going into a part of the season when players have to step up. We should be in a little better shape than last year as we were counting on a lot of young guys, particularly pitchers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sooner, Jose Martinez is not yet active. Tomorrow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah that’s about what I thought. Thanks Scotty!

Looks like yet another active shooter situation. This one in Odessa Texas with possibly 2 shooters. One at a Home Depot and another nut cruising around in a hijacked postal truck shooting people.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just wish we had another starting option, as Flaherty and Hudson have been very good, Mikolas okay, Waino and Wacha have been less than okay. Especially in a playoff series.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully a short, short leash on Wacha. I like how Schildt handles pitching changes. Would it be too much to have Helsley warming up next to Wacha?

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

C27, answer is not at all.

Question back, would it be to blunt to just say “Wacha, you get 4 innings because you are awful after the 4th, so, after 4, Helsley is coming in?”

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Not starting off well. Van Meter and Votto hit solo shots in the first and third. But, when Wong triples, Goldy simply gets him thrown out on a grounder to third–no sac fly here. Edman singles, only to be stranded.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rolling the dice here keeping Wacha into the seventh?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha has done well. Need the offense to step it up!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Wacha has a three-hitter. Unfortunately,, two are solo HRs. But, he has had no support. Goldy, Ozuna, and DeJong still have their bats in a slumber that is enduring too long. When Wong didn’t follow Fowler’s double with a hit, we may have inherited a shutout. We simply are not hitting with men on or off base.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why didn’t they have Badger bunt? I know he has been hot, but don’t you play to get the tying run to second base with one out?

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

They should have had Bader bunting, for no other reason than that he might actually beat it out or force them into an error trying to keep him from it. It still leaves it open to a K with runners on second and third. But, it is the better bet.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lot of goose eggs by our big bats tonight?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Can we do it?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tie game!

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

Great way for Bader and Carp to come through!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great comeback! Pick up a game and a half on the Cubbies! Hoping for the same outcome tomorrow as we had today!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, the Cards won the Gray game, which is the one of the four I was worried most about. An impressive comeback win!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gant moves to 10-0 on the campaign.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

One more and the fat lady sings!

GACard
    Participant

Free

I love seeing carp and yadi helping the team during this push!

GACard
    Participant

Free

Great effort by wacha tonight as well. Going deep and helping pen during crucial period. I know rosters expand tomorrow but you don’t want to use all your normal arms

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.