StL 2019 Games 60/135 thread: Sat 8/31 vs. Reds (DH)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Games 60/135 thread: Sat 8/31 vs. Reds (DH)

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    TexasCard
    Participant

Free

I didn’t want to post anything until the end of August games for fear of jinxing them, but wow what a month plus of baseball. Just what we’ve all been hoping for. Just outstanding. Here comes a meaningful September. let’s do this Cards!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Fat ladys singin’ Great to see that 9th inning win. Go Cardinals!

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When they went into the bottom of the 9th with a 9-0 Gant positioned to win his 10th I knew we had it. Karma baby.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m a little sad I missed the bonanza today. I was at the Penn State football game and just got home so I’ve only been able to check in on the MLB app and then read the game thread. Impressive baseball today. I like the grit they showed in finishing off the nightcap to gain more ground on the Cubs. Good to see Carp with a solid effort today, including the game winner. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

You know when the Cards score in dbl. digits we’re lucky to get 2 runs in the next game…well we got 3, 2 in the 9th, and as I said yesterday, the Cards are a .700+ team when they score THREE!

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Carter wrote:</I feel your pain. I get the Reds’ feed and boy do they tell it like it is when the Reds mess up. D. Mac and the rest of our TV crew bend over backwards toeing the company line making endless excuses for our failings.>

Take out your earplugs and listen to Danny Mac run down the Cards for every failing he imagines they have. When his bestest pal, McCarver is on, this goes on for 9 innings while the other team receives praises. That’s how it normally works. In the second game last night he got so wound around the axle about Edman and Weiters that he even confused himself. Him and Chatty Thompson sounded like two schoolgirls at times last night trying to insult each other.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Bw52 wrote:

why leave Hudson in to start the 8th/ Foolish move…Hudson pitched a good game and was at 100 pitches,Schildt damn near screwed the pooch.>

When you have to play 5 games in 50 hours it pays to use your bullpen wisely. Capiche?

Viewing 7 posts - 126 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.