StL 2019 Game 4 thread: Sun. 3/31 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 4 thread: Sun. 3/31 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Yeah, he couldn’t stand all the wind.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hats off to Wacha. One gopher to the reigning MVP is it after six.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian, I should have clarified my comment earlier that of the candidates for the 5th starter only Hudson stood out. Leaving Gant for 6th starter possibly, although if an injury occurs one of the Memphis rotation would be called up also.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What a great start by Wacha. This might be the best he has mixed up his pitches. Even throwing at a lower velocity than we are used to.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 7. Albers still dealing for Milwaukee.

Bader – Lays one down to the left side….Albers pounces on it like a hungry cat bare handed…. and whirles around and his throw will just nip the streaking Harrison Bader at 1st for the out. Nice try…..I would imagine that Bader would be successful at about a 70% clip in those sort of circumstances where he decided to bunt.

Robinson(Phing for Wacha)- Pops out in short center to SS Perez.

Carp – Taps it right in front of the plate where the catcher Pina grabs it and sort of lollipops it on over to Aguilar at 1st to retire the side.

Cards 4
    Crew 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Alex Reyes on here in the Brewer 7th to preserve order.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Braun pokes a bomb here to tie things up…… I’ll frigging scream!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Interesting move by Shildt, especially the way Miller pitched Yelich.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just a little swear word of two as Braun single to right to make this a 4-2 ballgame. Braun very easily could have been rung up on that 2-1 Miller offering….if this game is in St. Louis, it’s still a 4-1 game.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Why bring in Miller there? He walks Yelich on 4 pitches anyway, then faced Braun. Leave Reyes in to face Braun…questionable at best on that move.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So refreshing to have Greg Holland back on the team.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Miller K’s Aguilar with some high heat to extinguish the threat. But the Crew plate 2 making this a 4-3 Cardinal ballgame. I would literally give my left pinky for a few insurance runs here.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

And don’t even get me started on the lazy attempt by Ozuna to come in for a mile high popup in shallow left. And he clearly looks out of shape.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I agree CRS4Ever. I would like to have seen Reyes finish the inning. Not clear how the Cards plan to get the final six outs.

Standing next to Aguilar on first base, Ozuna looks pretty buff. What we don’t know on the popup is if Carpenter was calling everyone off or if he asked for help. Ozuna surely stayed far clear of a collision.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

I would literally give my left pinky for a few insurance runs here.

Pugs, “literally”? There won’t be anything left of you by the ASB if you start giving up body parts this early!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 8. Taylor Williams center stage for Milwaukee.

Goldy – Lines a shot to center, but unfortunately right in the vicinity of Lorenzo Cain who easily snares it for the out.

JMart – Hits it right on thed button, but right at Perez at short and Taylor Williams must be feeling mighty lucky…..he should have bought a Powerball ticket about 15 miles due south of here this past Wednesday night and he might of found himself a few hundred million clams richer.

Ozuna – Walked.

DeJong – Whiffs.

Cards 4
    Crew 3

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for thinking of my welfare, CardsRedSox4Ever! You’re right…..I shouldn’t sell out so cheap. Boy we need this split though…..big time! Getting out of here with a split will feel very nice considering….very nice.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This game has feel to it, unlike the 4th of the season. More like a game down the stretch. It would be nice to leave with a split. Hope Hicks brings it in the 9th.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pugs, besides, it would affect how you hold the bat!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Grandal replaces Pina behind the plate and 60 feet in front of the plate, Jacob Barnes replaces Williams. Let’s hope this Barnes does not pitch like the earlier Barnes in his first inning of labor.

Yadi – Taps a little squibber out near the pitcher and Barnes will have enough time to overnight this ball via FedEx to get Yadi out…..1 down.

Wong – Whacks a comebacker off the top of Barnes’ glove and Wong will have himself an infield hit!

Bader – Blisters a shot, but right at Moustakas at 2nd for out #2 here in the Redbird 9th.

Fowler – Wong swipes 2nd but the Grandal throw nails Kolten right on his left ear on a fly and he’s hurt. The medical crew comes charging out…..let’s pray here. You hate to see this for 2 reasons. First off and most importantly for Wong’s welfare. And secondly a play like this will effect his stolen base proficiency for at least the near future….looks like he’s ok….yea!!! Fowler grounds out.

Cards 4
    Crew 3

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It sure would, Brian. Oh oh…..this 9th is not starting out as I had envisioned it would with Hicks dealing

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Well, that melt down happened in a jiffy.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Appears we’re on the same glide path as last year. Brewers also.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry Logan!!! This should not have happened on your 40th!!

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good golly, that hurt. But it’s a nice day in St Louis, think I’ll go out and enjoy what’s left of it.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years