StL 2019 Game 4 thread: Sun. 3/31 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 4 thread: Sun. 3/31 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

DeJong – Whiffs on a high inside hard one. And the Brewer fielders can almost take a little siesta out there at their positions as this Burnes fellow is mowing us down faster than John Deere himself could do it.

Yadi – Same of story…..K victim number 5 in as many outs for Burnes.

Wong – Pokes one out into short left for an opposite field base knock….that’s the way to do it!

Bader – On 3-1, catcher Manny Pina airmails it into center on a Wong stolen base and Kolten will easily find his way over to 3rd. Whiffs looking…..thats 6 big ones for the rookie as we move along to the bottom of the 2nd.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Looks like we’re still going to be a streaky offensive team, similar to the past. Our guys just aren’t recognizing the strike zone very well yet. And then there is very little change in approach when they get to two strikes. I thought Mabry and MM left town. Maybe it’s the players.

It is starting to look like that unless that is the approach being taught throughout system

Participant

Free

How embarrassing to watch these hitters K with such regularity.

Starting pitching borders on minor league look alike.
    No clue on Yelich.

Not a pretty stRt to the year.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

9 strikeouts now. Just have to laugh at this point. What a horrible approach at the plate.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

My goodness, Burnes strikes out the side again in the 3rd. Hitting is currently an exercise in futility for the Cards. I guess the strategy is to wear him out with pitch count.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3. We need to put this Brewer rookie hurler in his place right here and now this inning!

Wacha – No news flash here…..Wacha goes down looking for Burnes 7th K victim in as many outs.

Carp- Walks

Goldy – Night and day, Goldy vs Peralta and Goldy vs Burnes. He was totally locked in vs Peralta on Friday night and almost looks overmatched here today vs Burnes. Plenty of time for Goldy to straighten out this rookie though here today…..now Goldy whiffs again swinging!

JMart – Whiffs again…..thats 9-9 for the kid in the KO department! If this was bowling we were playing, Burnes would be right on the verge
    of tossing a perfect game.

Cards 0
    Crew 1

Participant

Free

Is it the approach? Are they too technical? Always need to live and die by the scouting report and then cannot adapt or adjust? Overthinking or just outmanned?
    I think they are soft and have a zero attack mentality. The demeanor of this team is soft.

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Goldy looked like he was missing by a mile. Maybe our guys are just having a slow start with this series. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, but the strikeouts and starting pitching are concerning at this early stage. That said, Wacha strikes out Braun and Yelich with two on. I’m also watching first pitch takes…almost all of our guys are taking the first pitch, and almost all are strikes.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Lots of Red in Milwaukee

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

At least Wacha is not letting it get out of hand. I think we’ll see an out other than a K in the 4th. Second time through and all.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

There we go. All or nothing works in the 4th. DeJong puts the birds on top.

Participant

Free

DeJong connects. At least that’s something! Let’s put some pressure on this pitcher.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4

Marcell -Bounces a slow roller to 3rd that Shaw will not be able to find The handle on….base hit. Now let’s get this chump!

DeJong – Rifles a shot deep to left!! Braun looks up….looks back….and stops dead in his tracks as that baby is long long gone!! Cards seize the lead 2-1! Let’s see how this Burnes kid pitches when he’s behind.

Yadi – Grounds out to Perez at short.

Wong – Loops a short popup in back of 2nd….Moustakis back peddles into short right-center and has it for the out.

Bader – Whiffs.

Cards 2
    Crew 1

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Progress in the 4th — just one K and 2 runs. Cards lead 2-1.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good call Euro! The Cards got you 2 outs other than the K route…..and a couple all important runs to boot.

Participant

Paid - Annual

A hardy welcome aboard to the esteemed CardsRedSox4Ever and Colhusker! And a red welcome mat rolled out for StpCard!

Participant

Paid - Annual

Remember Wacha as a rookie….. aggressively mowing down hitter after hitter. I want that Michael Wacha back! He’s pitching ok today, bug he’s flirting with danger too often and not over-exerting the ole radar gun either

Participant

Free

Pugs – it’s great to be back on the board, and looking forward to a season of W’s!!

Participant

Free

Goldy didn’t miss that one! B2B with Carp…that’s what I’m talking about.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5

Wacha – Foul tips a Burnes heater into the catchers mitt of Pina and that’s now 11 of them on the day.

Carp – Launches it to deep center!!….Cain gives her look, but that’s all he can do with that ball as it rockets out of here!! 3-1 Birds!! 423 merry feet on that Carpenter shot.

Goldy – Drives it deep to leftcenter!!…both Braun and Cain give it a look, but a team of acrobatic giraffes couldn’t bring that one back in the yard as it’s home run #4 for Goldy on the year and runs this score up to 4-1 Good Guys! Can anyone say “Batting practice time!”

JMart – Whiffs.

Ozuna – Lines a shot right back off Burnes…who trots over to retrieve it and toss her on over to Aguilar’s waiting mitt at 1st to retire the side.

Cards 4
    Crew 1

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Hope we see a lot of Carpenter followed by Goldschmidt this year.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Hate to be a wimp, but maybe that’s the key to beating these guys…..walk Yelich no matter what the circumstance.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed Colhusker. If Wong can continue getting on base, 1. Wong 2. Carp 3. Goldy

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Hey, I got distracted and the Cards get two more. Evidently, the high K rate / high pitch count strategy has worked. Burnes buckled under the barrage of swinging misses the Cards launched at him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6. Matt Albers toeing the rubber for Milwaukee.

DeJong – Busts his bat as he dumps a short fly into left….Perez from short races out and over near the line and catches the ball as he falls to the turf…..DeJong was robbed on that one.

Yadi- Whiffs…..I don’t know when I’ve seen Yadi go down on strikes so prolifically.

Wong – Whiffs on a high inside heater to retire the Cardinals in order here in the 6th.

Cards 4
    Crew 1

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years