StL 2019 Game 4 thread: Sun. 3/31 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 4 thread: Sun. 3/31 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:10 p.m. RHP Michael Wacha (8-2, 3.20 in 2018) vs. RHP Corbin Burnes (7-0, 2.61 in 2018) FS Midwest // KMOX

Participant

Free

Here’s hoping that the Cards gift me with a win today for my 40th B-Day…and my oldest nephew’s 28th…

Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re no spring chicken anymore, Logan….but you are a spring Cardinal. And to celebrate your big day, our Birds will not let you down. I think Logan is going to have a very very happy 40th.

Participant

Free

Well I’ve been a Cards fan since back before they won their last two titles, since the HR chase with Sosa and McGwire…so I hope you’re right about the win…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Happy big 4-0 Logan! Now let’s see the club get the split.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think this series has brought to light the importance of acquiring a good left handed starter and at least another lefty reliever. With Shaw, Moose, Yelich, Thames, etc. their lineup heavily tilts to the left side, I say if the Twins fall out of contention we look at getting Rodgers. As we know, we cannot hold on to every prospect we’d like to. As far as a starter goes Keuchel is still out there I believe. But a trade may be a better way to go.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I just realized Gio Gonzales signed a minor league deal with the Yankees. And a little ironic when you think St Louis has all this starting pitching, and yet only Hudson pitched well in ST. Gant was okay, but not great. Even with all things being equal, Hudson has a higher ceiling. I hope PDL and Gomber pitch better in Memphis.

Participant

Derrick Goold

Verified account
    @dgoold

Dakota Hudson will move to the bullpen for the next turn of the rotation as #Cardinals downshift to four-man rotation with so many upcoming off days. Will be available We’d, next start vs #Dodgers.

Participant

Paid - Annual

We have a late programming change to announce. Your’s truly will not be in the PBP saddle until 1:07pm(cst) today and not the advertised 1:00pm(cst). We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Let’s kill the Crew today!!!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C27 said:

“…And a little ironic when you think St Louis has all this starting pitching, and yet only Hudson pitched well in ST…”

I assume you meant among the “competing for a job” starters, because Wacha, Flaherty and Wainwright all had good springs (as did Hudson). Woodford also showed pretty well, IMO.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Corbin Brian Burnes on the hill for Milwaukee this afternoon, making his maiden major league start. Corbin stands 6’3 and weighs in at 205 lbs. He is a 24 year old righty whom hales from the once great State of California…..Bakersfield to be exact.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1.

Carpenter – Cranks a 2-2 Burnes offering on a line into the right field corner and Matt will have himself a leadoff 2-bagger! There’s only two other ways to get off to a better start….but the Cards will gladly take the third best here, as they hopefully are primed to get out of here with a split in this series.

Goldy – Whiffs swinging.

JMart- Strikes out on a slider a few inches off the plate.

Ozuna – I’m glad Marcell has lost that loud off green armband that he sported last year…..just from a fashion sense alone. And now Marcell succumbs to the rookie via the strike out route…..swinging Just like the last 2 would-be hitters. We mosey along to the bottom of the 1st.

Cards 0
    Crew Coming up

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

Woof way to many strikeouts. Lead off double wasted, hell the runner never moves.

Participant

Paid - Annual

goldy has a big hole up and in

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yelich may whack 60 this year…..and he easily could have been ours instead of Marcell…..I know I know….its water over the dam.

Participant

Paid - Annual

well that was pitiful. I wonder why our pitchers never seem to dominate other lineups like that. of course its a pitcher making his debut, he will probably no hit us the rest of the way.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep Pugs, it hurts to see our guy strike out on sliders a foot out of the zone and their guy crushing it. Our starters sure are coming out of the gate backwards. How do you give one to Yelich a little high and center cut with the way he’s going?

Participant

Paid - Annual

What’s with Wacha not being able to bring it at over 92mph?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Both Willie and Euro in the house…..sweet!

Participant

Paid - Annual

yellich is gonna be sad to see st. louis leave town

Participant

Free

32 strike outs heading into today for Cardinals batters. Three stike out inning one.
    28 innings of play and 35 strike outs. Just frustrating to watch. And spare me the “it’s early and it’s only March” because these games count the same as games in August. Just tired of the CArdinals looking like a weak little brother to the teams ahead of us in the division.

Participant

Paid - Annual

well not gonna be able to hang around for a bit, got some stuff the girlfriend wants to do. the things we do. but one thing before I go, Im with Pugsley, why is wacha only hitting 92. its early but that’s a concern.

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

And the strikeout total is up to 6 in 2 inning.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Looks like we’re still going to be a streaky offensive team, similar to the past. Our guys just aren’t recognizing the strike zone very well yet. And then there is very little change in approach when they get to two strikes. I thought Mabry and MM left town. Maybe it’s the players.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years