StL 2019 Game 153 thread: Thu 9/19 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 153 thread: Thu 9/19 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The odds of Rat going on that jog after mowing the lawn today are about the same as the Pirates winning out this year.

Mission accomplished.

Mowed with the John Deere, then some push mowing/trimming, and then the jog. Then a glass of ice water out on the porch whilst Whitey Herdog ran around the yard to see what she could find.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What would you guys give for a win tonight?

Would a win make you happy?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I cannot wait to see Flaherty and Edman in Wrigley. Flaherty can shut these guys down. Flaherty will shut these guys down. This game has 6-3 Birds written all over it.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

You may want to reconsider that screen name

LOL. Honestly, I thought of that association, but a real man should be able to roll with it. Kinda like a mean SOB who wears pink. But no more abbreviations or it might be temporary. Plus I’m not getting any younger either as I retired from paid employment 3 months ago. Regardless, Pugs is quite effective with the power of suggestion and no doubt a helluva salesman.

1982 willie
    Participant

well im gonna have to record the game, got some stuff to do. but I usually don’t bother watching the cubs/cardinal games anyway but this is playoff time in feel anyway so Im compelled to watch them. man it would be so nice to just go out and basically eliminate the cubs this weekend but ill take a split. best to get it started right and get Flaherty a win.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ED (Euro Dandy) is dead on correct when he says that a real man should be able to roll with a name add-on….Euro Dandy totally exemplifies this. You too can look and feel 20 years younger with an appropriate name add-on. And I am just the person to make this dream come to fruition for you. All you have to do is ask.

Be careful Jack! Do not fall into that pitch inefficiency mode again….you’re way past that now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman better be a starter for oh….the next 12 years or so.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Edman ain’t afraid of no stinking Wrigley Field or Kyle Hendricks. He pulled a foul ball with HR distance, and followed that with a solid single to RF to start the 3rd inning. Maybe he’s the spark to get the first run.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader with a nice ab……and works the walk. Very nice! Birds may be in business now as they have 2 jackrabbits on the paths with nary an out.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bases loaded no outs, Pugs you there? When you gonna pick it up?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So there’s a strategy. Bunt it to Rizzo. Bases loaded and not outs. Then Fowler rolls into a weak DP. At least the Cards score the first run.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty with an 8 yard infield hit and that will load em up to their capacity for Dexter. Have to plate at least 2 here….hopefully more…..ah!! Dexter bounds into a twin killing and that is a killer. 1-0 Birds…..Wong needs to get Flaherty in from 3rd here and he does not as hed flies out to right.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Seriously, Fowler and/or Wong should’ve bunted it down the 1B line. Obvious strategy not so obvious to Shildt.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m here Whirling Wooster……..I’m here!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pugs we had Popeyes, fries and mash poe, cinamin apple pies. Nice wood on the ball by Dexter. Score 1!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great strategy Euro Dandy…..love it!

cubbies trying to catch lightening in a bottle with this Hoerner chap…..but Nico is no Tommy Edman. Flaherty is sailing right along thus farm

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rizzo ties it….and he’s no Kirk Gibson.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just like that, Rizzo ties it. Might end up regretting the top of the 3rd inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet sweet dinner, Wooster!! They say a person cannot eat only one single Lays potato chip. Well, the same thing can be said for Popeyes apple cinnamon pies. They literally are 20 times tastier than a McDonald’s apple pie. I’m envious, Whirling Wooster!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy lead odd double! Yeah imagine one with vanilla ice cream on it!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy leads off the 4th with a double followed by an Ozuna K. Need a clutch hit from somebody here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong and his never ending river of whiffs are getting a little frustrating.

GACard
    Participant

Free

When does Dejong get a turn on the bench. He must be hitting close to 200 since mid May

Would at least make sense to get him out of the 5 hole

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 212 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.