Reds thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Seems a little odd to add Brian Goodwin. The Reds already have more outfielders than places to play them.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Aquino has been a major disappointment. I guess he was hurt for a while. Hopefully he stays cool for a few more days.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I think the league figured out how to pitch Aquino. He had that one good month last year, but had already slowed down before 2019 ended, as I recall. This year, he has shuttled on and off the roster.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Truly one of the greatest aspects of baseball. Hitter versus pitcher. Hitter figures out pitcher, pitcher adjusts, hitter readjusts, etc.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Reds have been a big disappointment so far this year. They were supposed to have a mind blowing offense but it really hasn’t materialized yet. Maybe that is why they picked up Goodwin. I think Bradley was a nice pickup. If the Reds can sneak into the playoffs they could be dangerous in a short series since they can run Bauer, Gray, and Castillo out there but so far they have been underachievers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not so happy talk out of Cincy.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I have heard all the talk the last two years about the Reds but I remain skeptical until I see it. It may not be until at least 2021.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Seems their middle relief is always subpar. They do have a good offense, and some decent starting pitching. But they don’t protect leads all that well, at least it seems that way.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Showing the pain in a creative manner…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s interesting that the Cards pitching is so underrated in these discussions. Losing Hudson is a blow but I’m not sure he’d have started in a 3 game series.

Gm 1 Jack
    Gm 2 Waino
    Gm 3 KK

Pen: Cmart, Ponce/Hudson (wishful thinking), Gallegos, Gant, Cabrera, Reyes, Helsley, Webb, Miller, Gomber, ??

That’s an extremely formidable pitching staff under postseason conditions. Tony Larussa would have been drooling.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

But if we aren’t ahead of reds and Brewers by two+ games by Sunday, we have two to play Vs Detroit on monday.

I suppose Shildt could save our top 3 for the 3-game playoff series starting Wednesday, but I’m hoping we play the Braves or Cubs. That could be position 6 or 7, as Braves and Cubs will be 2 and 3. So the Detroit games matter little unless we waste our best starters.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Reds fall to the Braves 5-0. They had a decent season. They started slow but came on strong at the end of this short Season. It will be interesting to see what they do this offseason. Their front office has proven they are not afraid to be aggressive.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Progress. First above .500 record and first playoffs in seven years. My guess is their off-season priority will be to try to keep Bauer.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Revenue loss could devastate the Reds unless the owners now decide to dig deep into their own pockets. They didn’t have a lot of margin for error.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think the Reds will be able to afford Bauer. They took their big shot in 2020 and came up short.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

When you make big trades and spend a lot of money and it doesn’t work, you lose your job…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wise move there, Nick! Any port looks good in a storm, or whatever Boras said yesterday…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t imagine that anyone would opt out of anything that they weren’t forced to this year. Probably over half the arbitration eligible guys would struggle to get their arb numbers on the free agent market if they were cut loose this year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rebuild in Cincy with Bauer and potentially Gray gone?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does anyone want to win the NLC? Will 81 wins do it? Maybe the Pirates can sneak up and win it since everyone else appears to be shedding salary.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wow, the Reds just traded their closer… for a 30-year old who had been claimed off waivers and a player to be named later – and the Reds are paying part of Iglesias’ $9.125 MM salary, too!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Reds took their big bite at the apple last year. Now it is time to dump salary. Yikes.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s not that surprising if you take the closer title off it. Of course, Ramirez isn’t as good as Iglesias, but the money is a big factor. Teams wanting to shed money will be accepting little in return for trades.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.