Reds thread

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

We did not have a Reds thread before…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seems like an odd move for the Reds, as they don’t really need a 3B. Is Moustakas really playable at 2B? At that deal, I’m very glad we missed out on Moose. He could hit 40 HR at GABP though.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Will he be bad on the road at 2B though?

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Votto, Suarez, Moose: there’s some thunder coming from that infield in that park.

Participant

Free

16 million per for a guy the wrong side of 30 playing the keystone position with limited experience they can have him. This deal is the clubhouse leader for worst offseason contract and we are still six days away from the winter meetings. No doubt he could hit a ton of homeruns in the home ballpark but the player age, position, and years/money just don’t make sense.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Moose played 2B as well as he did 3B last year if you go by DRS. Nearly a third of his innings were at 2B and Fangraphs has DRS=0 for both positions. I would not like the 4-year length of contract, seems like a lot of risk.

On the other hand, Moose is younger than Goldy, they had similar offensive output last year, and similar WAR. If last year was not a just a one-year drop-off for Goldy and represents a real decline, then Moose might end up looking like a great bargain in comparison. Still, I wouldn’t want to commit four years in Moose even if the need was for 3B.

Participant

Free

Looks better than the Carpenter extension.

Reds could end up winning this thing if the Cards and Cubs do next to nothing.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am a big fan of Moose but the Reds overpaid to get him, and then are going to play him at 2B? Yikes!

The Brewers were so smart to get Moose on short term deals.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years