MLB Trade Deadline

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB Trade Deadline

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes I think it is silly for intradivision teams not to trade. As long as you better your team it shouldn’t matter who it is with.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wilson Ramos from Rays to Phils…

opens the door for TB to acquire a young catcher…probably in the deal for Archer they are undoubtedly waiting until the very end to see if they can get a better deal

I still think Kelly is appealing to them…Brewers dont have any top notch ready to go catching prospects, PIrates either…maybe Padres would, adding Mejia was big for them they have depth at catcher behind him even if unspectacular….and i cant imagine Caratini is going to put the Cubs in the driver seat…

I wonder if Knizner could be on the table to the Rays too…in fact Jmart fits with them IMO too…and is cheap

Participant

Paid - Annual

GScott…but it isnt silly to see that NL Central really doesnt do it all that much…and the Cardinals as major part of that…it isnt a myth in the NL Central it seems

watching your potential mistake beat you year after year is a motivating factor…that isnt silly depending on the organizations…no one likes to be reminded of mistakes and hand guys to teams that directly relate to potentially beating you

You can call it silly but to me it makes perfect sense…no one wants to be on the Broglio side of the Brock Broglio deal…even if it made sense at the moment in time…the fear of that happening no matter how good the trade seems is a big motivating factor

it doesnt mean you dont talk and maybe do some deals from time to time…but it definitely can change the value attributed…

it makes sense to trade with whomever you want if it is fantasy baseball or a video game baseball game…but these gusy have personalities the FO, the players, and staff…. not taking those into consideration in trading is pretty silly to me

Participant

Paid - Annual

Just because the NLC teams rarely do it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do it. I get that nobody wants to be reminded of a mistake 19 times per year but that just means you shouldn’t make a big mistake. If you want to sit in the big chair and make the big money then you need to have the ability to make good deals or perhaps you are in the wrong chair. (By “you” I mean the FO)

Participant

Paid - Annual

but making a good decision ala Broglio doesnt mean having a crystal ball and foretelling the future

even when you make the “right” decision it doesnt mean the final outcome wont stare at you from Cooperstown and on the back wall every time you visit StL

sitting in the big chair means making tough calls but it doesnt mean that you want to be reminded of the baseball gods 19 times a year for multiple years and potentially forever in Cooperstown

No one gets it right all the time…NO ONE…no one can forsee the future and that doesnt mean they made a mistake

so whether you or I think it is silly or not doesnt really matter…the Cardinals dont really do it…so expecting them to do it and then assigning some kind of opinion of their FO based on that isnt really in line with proper known expectations…

the NL Central doesnt tend to do it whether it is silly or not…and i dont think it has to do with nay of those GMs not being good enough or smart enough…as we have a couple proven WORLD SERIES victory winning GMs in the division

Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the PIrates are the ARcher leaders as we head into the last 30 minutes

I wonder what they are offering
    they dont have a catcher in their top 30 prospects and the Rays just traded Ramos..

Rays best catching prospect is still a few years away…they have Ciuffo pretty close but with them expressing their desire for ayoung ready to go catcher it makes me think they arent sold on him entirely

Participant

Paid - Annual

Dozier to the Dodgers

Participant

Paid - Annual

saw a rumor that Bucs are offering Meadows and Glasnow…

tough to turn that down if true…though Glasnow’s sparkle seems a bit faded

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Avatarthejager.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well jager I am allowed to have my opinion on the subject so we will have to agree to disagree. Other teams have traded within the division and the earth didn’t stop spinning on its axis.

The Yankees have traded with the Jays and Orioles this year.
    The Indians just did a deal with the Tigers.
    The Dodgers have done some big deals with the Padres in recent years.
    There are probably many others that I am not thinking of.

Participant

Free

Looks like Cards going to get to see Archer alot….in a Pirates uniform…

Participant

Braves get Kevin Gausman from Orioles

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Archer to the Pirates is a go.

Kevin Gausman to the Braves.

Matt Harvey to the Brewers.

The teams in front of us all get better. We seem stuck in neutral.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree you can have your opinion…i can have mine too and express it just as vehemently and justifiably as you can

and i never said other divisions dont do it…i said the NL central which is what I think is most relevant

show me the NL Central in season trade deadline trades…maybe i am wrong, i can handle that

I am not going to vilify or think less of the FO for not doing something they obviously dont want to do and which has still produced WS titles…I am also not going to vilify them for not doing somethign that the other members of the same division arent doing either….it takes TWO teams to trade…so even if Moz wanted to, if the other sides dont want to then why is that on MOz?

i dont need to talk about this anymore either…but you havent moved me off my position at all..and that shoudl be fine with you…it is fine with me

Participant

Free

I agree teams in front of us geting better and MO sleeping as normal time to get this clown gone!

Participant

Paid - Annual

i havent read confirmation on ARcher to Bucs…and nothign on BRewers to and Harvey either

Cardinals arent in neutral…they have done a lot so far

still plenty of time and that we haven’t heard anything about JMart and NOrris makes me feel confident something is brewing

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cubs add another RP in Kintzler…really beefing that bullpen up…guess they may be a bit concern about MOrrow

Participant

Free

15 Min left and Mo must be still taking his afternoon nap

Participant

Paid - Annual

confirmed Archer to Bucs…Glasnow Meadows and 3rd piece still being discussed

Participant

Paid - Annual

deadline and no Jmart or NOrris deal

crazy

i dont want to be the FO answering why they didnt move these pieces if it ends up that way

Participant

Free

WEll Mo did what he does best, not a dang thing what a worthless turd

Participant

Paid - Annual

John Axford to Dodgers.Aaron Loup LP from Toronto to Phillies
    Jake Diekman LP From Texas to DBacks
    Wilson Ramos C from TB to Phillies

Participant

There is no reason to have JMart still on the team.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe something trickles in here but it looks like the Cards shifted into neutral and coasted to the finish line. Not sure I get why they didn’t try to do at least something.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Norris i can buy…even if he had the most value… JMart…just doesnt make sense…he just cant play defense well enough to take the chance to play him at 1b and carp at 3b

i usually wait until 15 after to feel it is really over…but it looks bleak at the moment

Participant

Free

Wow cant believe we didn’t move Norris or JMart. That is another terrible misstep.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years