MLB Trade Deadline

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB Trade Deadline

This topic contains 144 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Avatar NJ315 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He’s not starting today and he’s not being traded, nor should he be. Bet you were clamoring for Wacha to be traded last year or Waino around 2011 too, huh?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tui is a pretty good reliever with major league experience although I don’t think he has closer potential. I just hope our FO properly scouted Elledge and didn’t trade Tui for his A ball stats. We’ll find out soon enough when Elledge has to face AA batters.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Paul Ivice
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tuivailala is out of options, and though he may still have some potential as a major-leaguer, he was not consistent enough for the Cardinals to figure him into their long-term plans, or to rely on for the remainder of this season if they are to make a push for the wild card.
    The same is true of Lyons, though because of his recent injury he is not so easily dealt to another team for anything of value, though someone may take a chance on him as a waiver claim.
    So, they had to be moved off the roster.
    The Cardinals were not trading to get Elledge so much as they were simply trying to get the best value they could for Tui, who would certainly have been claimed if they exposed him to waivers.

Paul Ivice
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is the three more years of team control that give Archer the value of a No. 1.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goold has mentioned that the Cards still have interest in Archer. I have also read that the Padres have pushed to get him.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Cards rank 3rd in MLB in starter ERA. Why would they want to trade valuable pieces for Archer?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards rank 3rd in MLB in starter ERA. Why would they want to trade valuable pieces for Archer?

Double down on a strength.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/birdland/goold-making-a-case-for-idling-cardinals-to-trade-for/article_be13a90b-1d7d-5f54-b5e2-b4db29d2d3e5.html

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

By the way I have tried to keep this thread about non-Cardinal items since we already have a Cardinal trade thread but my attempts have been futile. 🙂

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Padres?! Nice to have a spoiler in the mix with the Yankees and the Dodgers.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill has sat out two games in a row and Kelly was out last night. Trade clouds brewing?? Guess we’ll see today….

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Doubt Mo does something but maybe a mid lvl RP that is about all he good for

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

IF FO/MO/Girsh don`t trade Jose Martinez today to a AL team then they are asleep at the wheel.Boston,NYY,Oakland,Houston and Seattle all can use a RH bat.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

But do those teams need a DH? Seattle definitely does not.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

On the Pham trade thread I mentioned Martinez. The iron is hot, so they need to make a deal for him as they should get more than what Pham brought in return.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the A’s could be interested in JMart…Khris Davis isnt great in the OF but he is passable..and JMart can still play abit in the OF or 1b if needed…plsu he is CHEAP and CONTROLLED and OAK loves that

HOU seems a maybe…but just doesnt feel right

SEA would only work if they think he can play 1b….i think Gyorko is a better fit for SEA as he can play 1b or 2b…they have a hole at 1b bad in SEA…and CAno not being in the offseason because of his stupidity means they need at 2b too.. JMart and Gyorko to SEA? Ill take plenty of their young IF prospects..Evan White please?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll be disappointed if the Cards are done dealing with what they have. This seems like more like a lukewarm deadline than anything right now for them.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Norris and JMart arent moved I will be a bit disappointed since they seem obvious moves that are sell high (Norris) and dont seem to fit going forward (JMart)

IF no one else is moved, i will understand…i think we coudl prune a bit more right now…and i think we should…but i wont be disappointed.

it’s like the Reds not moving Harvey for whatever they can get…it’s a failing if they cant get that done…to me same goes for Norris and JMart…both woudl help in a stretch run for us…especially Norris…but the returns for them seem higher than the need to hold them

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Leonys Martin traded from Detroit to Cleveland. Once again the silly notion that intradivision trades can’t happen is proven to be false.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Cards need to trade Norris and Martinez or else once again failed trade deadline…nothing new for this FO

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

is it really silly?

maybe for other divisions one could say that….but what about the NL Central, which is all that matters right?

I dont see a lot nor can i remember any major or even many minor deals happening in the NL central between each other

the pain with the possibility of the Broglio Brock deal outcome i think has infected the whole division

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

If you don’t follow the Cards minor league affiliates on twitter you’re missing out on some funny stuff.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

getting to be crunch time…

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seattle rumored to get Cameron Maybin from Miami for prospect.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years