Minor league salaries

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league salaries

This topic contains 81 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If they employ the players year-round, then their claim of minor leaguers as “seasonal employees” is shot and their legal protection for sub-minimum wage salaries is lost. (I am not defending owners, just explaining what I think could be the reason why they do not do what CC suggests.)

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I agree the minor leagues need a payroll overhaul but the caterwauling over facilities and bus trips just spare me right there. It used to be a rite of passage to ride those buses to realize your dreams of someday playing in the majors. It’s not like they have to travel 12 hours although I’d be a little unhappy if I was Burlington or a team in the Quad Cities having to travel all the way to Dayton for game.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I think there are a few 12 hour bus rides in the Texas League. (Springfield-San Antonio) Colorada Springs in now in the pioneer league and will have 13+ hour bus rides to Idaho Falls.

For those of you that dont know, in 2019 SA no longer is in the Texas league. They are now in the AAA PCL which a city of their size deserves to be. Amarillo takes their place.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I have another “minor leaguers get the shaft” article queued up for tomorrow with a new problem yet to be talked about.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years